U

Friday, December 1st, 2023 6:05 PM

Closed

Email loop on new account

Hi - I have had xfinity service for a while. I never had a comcast email address setup.  I set one up yesterday but when I try to access it, the browser just keeps saying "Welcome to Xfinity Connect  We are now loading your email". I have called in multiple times and been on the phone for hours.  I was told it would be fixed "soon".  Any email sent to that address rejects for unknown user. When I reached a higher level of support, they had me try various things because they claim they "just made a change" and of course nothing worked.  Now they say the issue is that "Since you don't have wifi on your account, you don't get an @comcast.net email address".  I actually don't care so much, but I have a large credit balance on my account and finance will not send any information to a non @comcast.net email.  I have a gmail account that has been verified but they won't send it there.  This is infuriating that I can't get a simple email address setup or get a straight story from them about the real issue.  Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I can get this fixed?  When I call in, it takes a good 15 minutes to fool the prompts that just want to send a refresh signal to my TV.  Ugh.  Please help!

Thanks,

David.

5 Messages

9 months ago

To clarify a bit more, the rep on the phone helped me create the email account.  I did not do it myself.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_0dxae8 Hello! We are glad to hear you were able to speak with someone. If you still need any assistance, please let us know that we can investigate this further.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I spoke with 7 people and each person gave me a different answer.  The issue isn't resolved.  I was supposed to receive a phone call on Friday but that never happened.  The fact remains that the email account does not yet exist.  All I am asking is for them to create it. Not sure why they can't do that. Can you help?

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

Yikes, we thought you meant that the rep on the phone helped create the email account you were looking for. We can take a closer look at this for you via direct message. 

You can send us a direct message by signing into your account then clicking "Direct message" on the upper right corner of this page. Click the pencil and paper icon and a new message will generate.  Then search "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list. Type up your message and click enter to send it to us. Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

Sorry, it was poorly worded on my part. Its confusing because the login I was given to the xfinity site is an @comcast.net name but that's just a username. Its not actually a valid email.  This has been simply exhausting. I welcome you to call the 800 number and see for yourself what customers are put through. I'll send a direct message at some point. Having to explain this yet again isn't something I'm looking forward to.

Official Employee

• 

25 Messages

I understand, the last thing we want is to have you repeat yourself. The best part of working with our team is that we can review the conversation you have with us at any time so once we are able to understand how to get you on the right track we will! We'll make sure to get to the bottom of things for ya when you're ready.

1 Message

9 months ago

This happening to me on an account I’ve had for years and I have electronic tickets that were sent to the email address I can’t currently access because of “xfinityconnect” looping. Insane. Simply the worst email service of all time

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

9 months ago

@user_0dxae8 

When you sign into your Xfinity account, you are prompted for a user Id----right?  That ID is also the ID for the email account (that part of the address to the left of the @ symbol) and it should be the primary.  You just tack on @comcast.net, and that should be your email address.  From what you have said so far, I assume you can sign into the account and get to the main landing page.  Is that correct?  If so, what happens if you click on the account icon in the upper right?  You should see a menu and one of the options is "Check email".  Can you click on that?

5 Messages

It just loops when I click on that.  As I mentioned, the email address is invalid. You get a bounce message when you try to send an email. So the user ID appears to be an email address, but its simply a user ID.  That is what support is unable to understand. They also said I'm not entitled to one based on what my services are.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

When you have a moment, please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address so that we can investigate this further. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

7 Messages

9 months ago

the email service is also infintely looping for me.

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

Hey there @user_qzph3i Thanks for reaching out about this issue. Is it still occurring? If so, you may want to consider trying to clear the cache and cookies on your browser and trying again, or seeing if the issue continues to happen with another browser or device. Let us know the results. Thanks!

7 Messages

tried that, didnt work.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thank you for trying on other browsers and for clearing the cache and cookies, @user_0dxae8! Have you tried to access the email box in Private (Apple or iOS) or Incognito mode (Android)? I had the same thing happen to me and was able to get through everything that way. 

7 Messages

let me see

wish me luck

edit: it did not work

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

784 Messages

You got this! We will be standing by for your results

@user_qzph3i

1 Message

6 months ago

I'm having the same issue.  It just keeps looping the message that my email is loading. "Welcome to Xfinity Connect. We are now loading your email."

I've tried with google, chrome browser and microsoft edge browser and cleared all cache and cookies with no success.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_10gngr Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having.  Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies? Use a different browser, such as incognito?-Richard

3 Messages

5 months ago

Same looping problem here. I have actually been trying to figure out if I have a Comcast Xfinity email account for many years and have never gotten a straight answer. I don’t want one but I would like to know if I have one.

(edited)

3 Messages

I actually still have the help desk ticket number from 2015 where I was trying to figure out if I had an email account and I remember there were problems accessing the email webpages then also. Every so often I try to contact Comcast Xfinity to see if an email account exists for me but no luck. At one point I was given a @comcast.net email address but maybe it was never really a working email address because I have never actually been able to access an email account associated with Xfinity or Comcast. It’s been so long. I don’t remember all the details but I guess I just assumed the @comcast.net was an email address and Comcast Xfinity customers were given and email account. I read that somewhere. As mentioned above, I don’t want a Comcast Xfinity email account, but I would like to know if I have one. Is there a way to know?

(edited)

3 Messages

I think I answered my own question.

According to the “Xfinity Email activity policy” it says the following:

“If you’re a Comcast customer and currently subscribe to Xfinity services, you must log in to your Xfinity Email account(s) using the Xfinity Email website at least once every 12 months to maintain an active email account status.

If you don’t log in to your Xfinity Email account(s) at least once every 12 months, we’ll designate it as inactive and delete it along with all the contents — including emails, draft emails, and address book entries. Before we delete your email account, however, we’ll notify you.”

I signed up for Comcast Xfinity services about 17 years ago, I think. Many times over the years I have asked Comcast Xfinity if I have an email account with them and can’t get an answer.

If I go by what the “Xfinity Email activity policy” says (log in once every 12 months or email account will be deleted) and considering I have never actually been able to access a Comcast Xfinity email account or log in to the Xfinity Email website, either I never had an account or my account has been deleted due to inactivity.

Also, the policy says before we delete your email account, however, we’ll notify you. Since I have never logged in, accessed or used a Comcast Xfinity email account and I never received a notification that my email account would be deleted, I assume this means I never actually had an email account with Comcast Xfinity. 

I will note however, it is still weird that the Xfinity Email website (Xfinity Connect) login screen enters a continuous refresh loop.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_m7jtaot, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Hi--I'm having the same issue.

It's looping on firefox, chrome, safari (including phone and computer, and incognito mode attempts).  I can't get into the page to do the Direct Message as the xfinity reps are suggesting above--it loops infinitely before I get there.  It tells me there's an error trying to schedule a callback, and the 24/7 agent portal says there's no one there to chat.  Attempting this in the first place because it won't show who the primary user is for our account.  Not sure how to proceed because none of the help portals in the messages above are loading properly!

Official Employee

• 

809 Messages

@melanie.b.abrams I would recommend to call in at 1-800-934-6489 to speak with a phone representative since the options to DM us are giving you issues. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here