U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 1st, 2021 12:10 PM

Closed

Email inbox getting flooded with Spam

I woke up this morning to find over 900 emails in my inbox. Almost all of them are Spam emails. I see Xfinity did some sort of upgrade to my email last night, does this have something to do with it? I'm receiving 4-5 Spam emails every minute.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

What sort of "upgrade" did you see? "Click here to upgrade your email" is a common scammer tactic.

Regarding the spam flood: when scammers manage to hack into an online account, they sometimes "mailbomb" the account's recovery email addresses in the hope that the victim will be overwhelmed by the flood and won't see any "you changed your info" warning emails sent by the company managing the hacked account.

Proceed with caution!

If an employee doesn't reply to your message here, Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@BruceW 

My inbox had already been flooded with the emails before the notice about the upgrade appeared. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello there @user_179d40!!!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum!  We are so glad to hear from you and assist with this email issue in any way that we can.  To echo the sentiments of what our illustrious expert has said, this definitely look to be the work of phishing or "mailbombing" in attempts to obtain any information.  I would highly recommend reaching out to our Customer Security Assistance (CSA) Team.  Our Customer Security Assurance Team makes sure you have a safe online experience. These security professionals handle issues like phishing, spam, infected computers (often called bots), online fraud and other security issues.  The best way to reach out to them with your issue is online here https://comca.st/3EJQUPU

Submit a report and they will get back to you with their findinds.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

What did the "upgrade notice" say? Avoid posting an email address or any other personal information as that would violate the Forum AUP (see https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-acceptable-use-policy/602d9c64c5375f08cd574236).

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am getting mailbombed to my primary email account. This started today, just after 12:00pm. Tons of subscriptions to newsletters and sites from all over the world. The headers indicate they are coming from Comcast. Changed passwords and security info. Checked bank accounts and CCs. no activity.

What to do now?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @user_2ae5df! Thanks for leaving a comment and letting us know you've recently dealt with a similar situation. It sounds like you've definitely taken the right steps to protect your security and privacy by resetting your password(s) and security details. I'm glad your bank accounts and cards have not been affected by anything fraudulent, either. As mentioned earlier in this thread, you may contact our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team if you still have any concerns. Here's where you can Report Abuse. And their number is 1-888-565-4329, available 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM EST, 7 days a week. Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll always be here to help however we can!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here