JD2016's profile

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

Saturday, November 6th, 2021 10:06 PM

Closed

Email headings in Inbox now have parts of the email showing on each line

I suddenly noticed my inbox is extremely cluttered looking and hard to read.  Instead of just showing the Sender and Email Title in each line, there's a long sentence of that email't content showing now.

This is not acceptable and makes just looking at the Inbox page very difficult.  What do I need to do to get rid of these long sentences after each Email Title in my Inbox?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

3 years ago

I'm not seeing what you describe yet, but a message that popped up the other day said:

Do you have any options in your View menu about Preview/Text teasers?

(edited)

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

@BruceW

Thank you Bruce, helpful suggestion.  I did to to View and there was something checked about previewing text.  I unchecked it and the problem was solved.

I never went under View and checked anything, so not sure how that even happened.   Thanks again for your help.

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

@JD2016 This happened on my iPhone just this morning and it's driving me nuts.  I see the e-mail "view" options when I'm on my laptop or desktop, but the e-mails are showing correctly there with just the sender & title.  But still no "preview" option to check/uncheck, just vertical/horizontal/list layout and folder view, exact dates, and message size in the options portion.  I seem to have looked everywhere in my iOS and Xfinity Connect portal, but don't see any sort of preview option in the e-mail settings there.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here