U

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 10:36 PM

Email forced password reset

My email account is currently unable to verify and needs a password reset, which was forced by the system and not requested by me. I have attempted to call customer service and had to say I wanted to speak with a real person about 15 times. Got the run around for 40 minutes after speaking with a real person and then transferred twice. Then they said they would call me back at 6pm and never did so I had to call and sit in the queue for another 40 minutes. Again all for a password reset. This is my parents account so i had to link them in the call to verify everything, which took almost 40 minutes as well. Why does it take hours to change a password. This is absolutely ridiculous, and I do not have access to my main personal email now.  I cannot believe how unintuitive this entire process is, all the customer service call center employees say is let me verify this and let me verify that even when I have stated everything multiple times. Hopefully after this hour long phone call I can finally have access to my email 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 days ago

user_ah4frg Hello! Thanks for letting us know about the issues you are having with accessing your email. Our team is here to assist you and we are happy for the oportunity to colaborate. To get started can you send us a DM with your name and service address?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here