seamisthelp's profile

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Thursday, September 12th, 2024 9:14 PM

EMAIL FILTERS

I want to know if having too many email filters is keeping them from working.  I have simple filters for specific SENDER/FROM EMAIL ADDRESS, or, a specific TEXT in the SUBJECT and the filters are not performing the one ACTION I ask and that is to DISCARD.  I wonder if it is because I have too many filters?  It does not matter where in the list the filters are.  I have also selected the option to Process subsequent rules.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

6 days ago

Hey there seamisthelp, I can only imagine how annoying it would be to not have those filters working like you want. I can help look into this with you. To confirm, are you setting your filters on or accessing your emails on the Xfinity website?

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Yes I am using Xfinity email on the website. I tried to paste an example of a rule here but could not find a way to do it.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

seamisthelp, I appreciate the effort to post that screenshot. You should be able to copy and paste it directly into your message using the tool bar at the bottom of the message. Let's take a deeper look into this together and work on a resolution. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Yes, Just now I sent the DM to Xfinity Support and pasted in three photo examples of filters that do not work.

If xfinity puts an email directly to my spam folder before they process any filter rules, could that be why the filters don’t work?  I thought it would do the filters first before deciding if it was spam, but that depends on how xfinity wants things to go.  I have given up hope.  For three years my monthly utilities bill from UB WEST goes directly to my SPAM folder. I have tried using GMAIL and forwarding that to my @comcast.net email address but that also gets sent directly to SPAM. I have set two filters to stop this that do not work. Please see the photos in my DM because they will not upload here.  THANK YOU.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

13 hours ago

If xfinity puts an email directly to my spam folder before they process any filter rules, could that be why the filters don’t work?

Correct. Filters defined in "Connect" only work on messages delivered to the Inbox, and only as messages are being delivered.

You might give the instructions in https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/how-to-prevent-email-from-going-to-the-spam-folder/602dafffc5375f08cd1ec7b9 a try.

When you Comment on a post (by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...") I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your message.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Thank you. Your suggested link is the first thing I tried two years ago. The contact is in my Xfinity Webmail email address book. The  "Email 1" entry is  "noreply@ubwest.com"

Can you explain why this goes to SPAM and how can I stop it?    I still cannot paste, attach or upload a file or picture of the full contact for you in this reply. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 hour ago

... Can you explain why this goes to SPAM and how can I stop it? ...

I'm not Comcast and haven't seen the email, so I have no idea why they are sending it to the Spam folder. If the instructions in the link I posted aren't working for you, the only other thing I can suggest is to turn off their spam filtering (gear icon / Email Settings / Mail /  Advanced / Spam Filtering / "Override Security Filters") so that all mail they deliver arrives in your Inbox. The Spam folder will still exist but will not be used unless you mark something as Spam. But then you'll have to do all your own spam filtering. For most users that's probably not a good idea.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Thanks. I thought of this too but I would spend my entire day with spam.  There has been so much more spam recently with the nationalpublicdata.com breach.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here