U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, January 20th, 2022 5:00 PM

Closed

email filter not working properly

A PARTICULAR email forwarded from a PARTICULAR sender always goes to spam. The xfinity email filter does not seem to work. I have added 2 rules with the sender email address, with actions: "move to inbox" and "keep". I have added 2 rules about content (a single word) with the same actions. Nonetheless the email goes to spam. No other email from that sender goes to spam, included other forwarded mail, just this particular forwarded message.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

As you can imagine, this is unbelievably frustrating, especially as it seems to be impossible to actually online-chat with a live human about this issue (let alone speak over the phone). I am trying to receive a forwarded daily post, and this error just seems to have started today. Before today, everything was fine and the emails went to my inbox. (Probably xfinity just trying to "help".)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Good morning @user_e9e6d6, thank you for taking the time to reach out to our team through Forums. We certainly understand how frustrating it can be to experience issues with your email all of a sudden. We would love to help! Can you please advise if you are accessing your email through a website, or 3rd party app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

RESOLVED. There was something in the message which did not affect its being delivered to the forwarder,'s inbox but which caused the forwarded message to move to spam in my inbox. This material was in no way offensive, but when the forwarder removed it, the remainder of the email could be forwarded. The forwarder is currently in contact with a xfinity level 2 security person who is trying to understand this.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.8K Messages

3 years ago

... The xfinity email filter does not seem to work. ... the email goes to spam. ...

Email filters only operate on messages delivered to the the Inbox, and only as they are being delivered. Filters can't be used to keep messages out of the Spam folder or to remove messages from the Spam folder. You can keep messages out of the Spam folder by turning off Comcast's spam filtering, but that's probably not a good idea.

If the sender's address is always the same you could try whitelisting it so mail would be placed in the Inbox instead of the Spam folder. See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/how-to-prevent-email-from-going-to-the-spam-folder/602dafffc5375f08cd1ec7b9.

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

3 years ago

Concern moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED. See comments below.

Thank you for your responses.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Happy to hear that the issue has been resolved! If anything else comes up, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team at any time. The amazing part of our Digital Care Team is that we are here for you 24/7! We hope you enjoy the rest of your week and stay safe! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here