U

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 9th, 2024 3:38 PM

Email access stopped working on all iOS devices

Monday, January 8 at around 10am, the email access for all my accounts across all iOS (iPhone and iPAD) stopped working for me and my wife's comcast email accounts.  I can still get email on my Mac and can log into the web email to access email so it is not a password issue.  I reviewed the third party access security guidance and the box is checked and made no difference if I unchecked and rechecked the box for access. I have no reason to believe that it is an end user issue given that email can be picked up via outlook on my Mac.

Last week, I did update my password per the notification of compromised accounts.  So not sure if that had anything to do with the issues.

I even deleted the account off my phone and tried to re-add it and the error was "your comcast email account is not available" or something like that.

Any suggestions? anyone else having this issue?

1 Message

29 days ago

Hello, I've tried the solutions proposed here, but my Apple devices can't set up the accounts, I've tried on different devices and they don't work, please help.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Hopefully you have read my eventual success in my efforts to restore accedd to Xfinity email on my IOS devices/platforms…..make sure you try the one item, that is, delete the Xfinity account from all IOS devices then reboot your devices the go back & restore them in the Mail accounts IOS app.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @user_m0c7b6! Thanks for reaching out on our Forums. We appreciate you being a customer with us and my team is here to support you. I am sorry to hear you're also having trouble with Xfinity email on your Apple devices. Just to verify, did you also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

27 days ago

My Apple devices do not load comcast messages. I can access comcast and view and edit all my existing folders, but no new email since July 12, 2024. I’ve set and reset passwords, attempted to access email thru Xfinity web login, shut off all devices but one, and still can resolve the problem. Have added a new email with another provider, but I know there are alerts I’m not getting. Don’t know who to contact for assistance. Would welcome any help.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @Jf_73902, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Email service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. There are a few steps we would like you to try.

Are you able to access our Xfinity Email web portal without issue and view the emails? 

Did you recently change your password and updated the password within your Apple device?

Has third-party email access been enabled on the account? [Turn your access to third-party email programs on or off in Xfinity Email]

We appreciate you being a part of our Xfinity Community and hope to get more information to assist in the Xfinity Email issues you are experiencing. Hope to hear from you soon. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

This doesn’t work anymore. Mine quit working too. And before you ask, I went through all this already and it was fixed, or so I thought, for a few weeks. Now it’s jacked up again for no apparent reason. Only now I can’t even access my email via the web browser either. I get this page which freezes then begins to continually refresh itself til it errors out. So it’s a Comcast fault. 

1 Message

I have the same issue, fixed it last week using all the suggestion above and today it stopped working again, I can't get my email on any Apple Device, I tried calling comcast and you can't even get anyone on the phone so frustrating. I may just shut this email down, this is too much trouble and very little help getting this fixed. I'm tired of giving Xfinity by $$ and getting nothing in return!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_6il10s. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums, I certainly understand the importance of being able to have access to your email. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps or accessing your email through our website

1 Message

18 days ago

Changed password as per Xfinity's request, email on iPhone stopped working via the mail app.  I was able to login online and access email through a browser on the device.  Tried deleting account on phone and creating the account again without success.  Allow third party app check box is selected, even tried deselecting and signing out logging back in and reselecting.  Turned off two-step verification and now it works.  Is there a way to use apples mail app while having two-step verification  turned on?

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

It is endless. Xfinity has forced to change my password at least once a day, sometimes more times than that, for five+ months now.  

I wish they would get this fixed.

1 Message

14 days ago

Mine stopped working this morning.  Says it doesn’t have the password.  I reentered the password without success.  Deleted the account on the iphone then readded it 6-7 times with no success.  Yes, I can get mail on the web so I am entering the correct password.  What does it take to fix it?

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Please look at my instructions on how to fix. Apple support had the answer.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1) login to the mail client on the web browser, go to the cog icon in upper right and under settings choose security. Toggle off and then back on Third Party Access Security - it must be set to “on” 2) close out all the windows/apps in the background of your iPhone or iPad - this clears out the cache 3)  add the Xfinity email account back into the apple native mail app on the iPhone/ipad - through settings, mail app.  Hope this works.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 days ago

cant open my emails?

1 Message

5 days ago

I'm having the same problem as so many other people are having - I had to change my xfinity/comcast account password and now I cannot connect to email on my iPhone or iPad.  I tried changing the Xfinity Email Security setting to allow for third party email applications - it was already checked (yes), so I unchecked it, then checked it again, nothing helped.  I unchecked it, logged out, logged back in, checked it again and it didn't help.  I can no longer get my xfinity/comcast email on my iPhone or iPad.  I can only access it on the web.  That is not acceptable.  Has anyone with an iPhone or iPad gotten a fix for this problem?

7 Messages

Mine just started working again today on my Ipad and iPhone.  Haven't checked my laptop yet.  This is so wierd, and it seems like the tech folks at xfinity have NO CLUE!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @user_ke1ykw. Thank you so much for your recent post regarding your issues in receiving your email on your iPad. You are in the right place and we are happy to take  look at the service issues in the area. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tried everything suggested with help from apple senior support - they said it's comcast. Techs have no idea what im talking about. Wth

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Try this. First delete the Xfinity mail from the iPhone/ipad mail app. Then follow these steps….1) login to the mail client on the web browser, go to the cog icon in upper right and under settings choose security. Toggle off and then back on Third Party Access Security - it must be set to “on” 2) close out all the windows/apps in the background of your iPhone or iPad - this clears out the cache 3)  add the Xfinity email account back into the apple native mail app on the iPhone/ipad - through settings, mail app.  Hope this works.

Official Employee

• 

954 Messages

Hello user_efb5cf. Please change your password on the Xfinity side.

1 Message

1 day ago

I am having this same issue since March and now it started on my husbands I phone too. We can get via the website

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Look at the solution I provided in earlier posts. It should solve. 

1 Message

20 hours ago

In compose Comcast email mode, it continues to spin saying loading and does not allow me to cancel composing email or type.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here