tlatham2's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, July 7th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Create a new email address

I'm trying to create a separate email address on my account. When I try to add a new user, it will not let me because my phone number is already to my account.  Same with my email address. I need another address  or the ability to rename another old address. I've tried several times but it is not allowing me to do it. Thanks 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

These are security features to  protect your account.  You cannot use the same phone number or recovery email address for more than one account associated with the same service address.  So if you don't have another phone number available, you can use a non-Comcast email address instead.  Do you have a Yahoo, MSN, Gmail or other account?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I will try it after I move.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hoping you're still around. I have created a new user, but there doesn't seem to be an associated email created with is, as there was in the past. What am I missing?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

@ttreacy wrote:

Hoping you're still around. I have created a new user, but there doesn't seem to be an associated email created with is, as there was in the past. What am I missing?

Do you mean a recovery email?  Or do you mean the actual Comcast email address for the new user?  If the latter, the user ID IS the email address.  It is that portion of the address to the left of the @ symbol.

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

I'm also having a problem creating a second email address for myself. There's an older message on the forum saying to add a new user but use the Viewer Mode which doesn't ask for an email address. That part works & I now have created a new user with a new Username. But no new email address was created. When go into Edit it shows the new Username but the Xfinity ID is blank. How to I generate an email address based on the new Username?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

If you created a secondary account, the user ID is the email address.  Just tack on "@comcast.net"  Can you sign into the account?  If so, click on the envelope icon in the upper right corner of the page.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

You can create up to seven email accounts. You can add an account by signing into your My Account and completing the following steps, 

Sign into My Account as the primary user.
Click the Users tab.
Click Add A New User underneath the list of current users.
Select Manager, Member or Viewer, then click Continue

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I do not find an "add a new user tab" - where is it?????

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here