U

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 9:51 PM

connection to incoming (IMAP) server was dropped 4/30/24

In the morning outlook 365 and years prior been working fine. Later in the afternoon. it stopped working, says password is wrong, can't connect to IMAP server.

I logged in thru website works fine. The box in security section for 3rd party is checked. WHATS UP? 

I went into Win 11 apps. clicked on repair, nothing, Reset, Nothing   I don't have a clue what is going on here with comcast.  For 20+yrs and 3yrs with outlook & 365 not an issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

5 months ago

Hello user_8jdwms, I hope your week is getting off to a great start aside from your email concern. I'd be reaching out to get this figured out if I were in your shoes, my email is super important. You may need to reset your password since you mentioned using a 3rd party email. Can you please let me know if you're able to reset your password and if that resolved the issue? Please note that you would also need to update your new password within your Outlook. 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ Thank you for your reply. This time you are incorrect. I finally found out what the issue is, Comcast is blocking access to their servers by blocking VPN Servers which prevents them from connection.  Today I did a test and I was right. I turned off my VPN and it worked. To confirm it I turned on the VPN and all the popup errors began.  Once again I filed with the FCC due to interference like last time the FCC will enforce the laws on this matter.  Comcast tried this [Edit: Inflammatory] a few years ago with so many people against another Email server, that was stopped in its tracks.  I found a different server in another state, at this time its working.  My VPN let me know what [Edit: Inflammatory] Comcast was doing. It was verified by the VPN Company I use. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

5 months ago

user_8jdwms, I'm happy to hear you were able to actively find a solution and get access to your emails. You can never be too careful with your online security, and VPNs can certainly help add a layer of protection, I totally get why you have one. Were you only having the VPN issue with your emails, or were any other services impacted? 

3 Messages

that was the only thing. Other than spam of [Edited: "Language"] from the same senders.  Last time this happened comcast was held the secret let everyone know their 3rd party was hacked.  All that time all kept on getting 20+ spam emails per day, no matter forwarded it to comcast nothing happened just kept getting worse.  When when comcast wroth their letters on the break in it all stopped.  Now I believe it's happened again it started all over little over a month ago. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_8jdwms, there hasn't been any reports of it happening again. When you are trying to send the email with the blocked VPN, are you getting an error code? Our Customer Security Assurance team handles those blocks and their site here has a list of them and also a way to request help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 month ago

Why can’t my [Edited: "Personal Information"] work  why does it keep going off every other day? It’s a third-party email that I go through Outlook or my imap.  account,  my other one [Edited: "Personal Information"] is working,  but  the [Edited: "Personal Information"] is not working. For the imap account is not working. It’s working on Comcast account xfinity.com. I need my imap account fixed. I call Xfinity and stay on the phone for 3 to 4 hours with them every 3 to 4 days then it takes him 4 to 5 hours to fix it. This is ridiculous. What are 

going to do about it

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_8mwvb0 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. Just to clarify, (without providing any email address or personal information.) are you trying to get a 3rd party email to work with Outlook, that is not a Xfinity email address?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here