garyna's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 4:44 PM

Comcast email not pushing to outlook on mac

Hello - as of 2 days ago my Comcast email is not pushing new email to my outlook email client. The only way for me to receive new messages is to close and restart the mail client. My MS Outlook and Gmail accounts are NOT affected, just Comcast email. My environment is: Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1 and MS Outlook for Mac is Version 16.84.2 (24042814) Forcing a manual "sync" doesn't work.

Help. This is really annoying. 

Thank you!

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

15 days ago

@garyna 

Hello - as of 2 days ago my Comcast email is not pushing new email to my outlook email client. The only way for me to receive new messages is to close and restart the mail client. My MS Outlook and Gmail accounts are NOT affected, just Comcast email. My environment is: Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1 and MS Outlook for Mac is Version 16.84.2 (24042814) Forcing a manual "sync" doesn't work.

Help. This is really annoying. 

Thank you!

On the Connect website do you have third party client access checked? 

Third Party Client Reminder

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yes. Third party client access is enabled.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Hello - anyone else have any other ideas? Just to be clear, I've had this environment for over a year and it has always worked. It just stopped working last week. The only solution so far is to just restart the email client and Xfinity email will then push messages to my inbox.

Thank you in advance!

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

You may need to adjust a setting to enable third-party client access for your account: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Third party access is enabled. Makes no difference. And no, this answer does not fix the problem.

Official Employee

• 

329 Messages

I apologize that enabling third party access did not resolve your issue, but not to worry! You've definitely got the right team to look into this for you! Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here