tg21's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 17th, 2024 9:48 PM

comcast email error message

I was prompted to change my password on my secondary accounts. Now I can no longer access my emails on that account when signed into my primary account. I get Error: The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seems to be wrong. Please correct them. Also "The entered credential or authentication does not work or are no longer accepted by the provider. Please change them."

Contacted xfinity no help. I can access emails if I sign into secondary account directly.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

12 days ago

... change my password on my secondary accounts ... can no longer access my emails on that account when signed into my primary account ...

You need to change the password stored in the Primary account webmail settings. Click (gear icon) / Email Settings / Accounts and then Edit for the account with the changed password. Enter the new password under "Incoming server / Password", then click "Save". Repeat for each secondary account.

Your access to your secondary accounts should be restored. Please let me know if this helps!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

1 Message

I am having issues with my emails account where the credentials are in the wrong format or no longer accepted by Comcast. This self created nightmare is unbelievable ...

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

gman5609 Hello there, and Happy Saturday! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team. I can see you are having some difficulties with your email. Have you tried the steps that @BruceW provided for updating your password? Please let us know if that works for you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

12 days ago

THANK YOU!!!!! It worked. I spent forever on call to Xfinity, received a case #, got a call back and they couldn't fix it! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here