MF_9012's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 2:39 PM

Comcast email accounts not working after required PW change...

After I did the mandatory PW change on my Xfinity account, all 4 of my secondary @comcast.net email accounts have stopped working and return the following error in Xfinity Connect and Outlook for iPad as well as Outlook 2013 on my desktop PC.

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

My main email account still seems to be working but I need each of the other accounts working too.  I even reset the password on each email account to the new PW for uniformity with no success.  I am configured for IMAP and none of the configuration and port settings have changed on these in the last 20 years for so.

My username for each account is the appropriate @comcast.net email address and my PW on each account is now my new PW for my Xfinity account.

Obviously I am extremely frustrated and need your help ASAP!!!!

Mike

1 Message

1 month ago

I'm having the same issue.  Can't find a resolution anywhere.  Comcast....please help

Official Employee

• 

781 Messages

user_ici32z I would recommend to call in, and call our customer support team and request to be transferred to our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team. They have been helping our customers resolve these issues. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I called and Xfinity is wanting people to buy a antivirus program. They are not helping unless you buy the program

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same issue. I tried again this morning hoping the problem was fixed but it is not.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I find that mine is again working properly, for now.  I am not certain as to why or for how long but I will keep my fingers crossed.  

1 Message

I am having the same issue and cannot find a way to change the password

1 Message

My Dad's account has the same issue.  He can receive but not send. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there, @user_n135qn! Thanks for taking the time to post a comment with your shared concerns. Firstly, we've updated your username to not include any personally identifiable information (specifically a full last name). This is for your privacy, and we always recommend avoiding including these kinds of details in your public user details. Secondly, I've seen on another user's post the recommendation to enter the email login password before the user ID, though this may be specific to third party email applications. Have you tried this or any other troubleshooting yet?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hey there, user_wg4x04, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with your password. I know how important it is to have access to your email account. Have you tried the steps to reset your password? Here is a link with the details on how to reset, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password. 

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

1 month ago

Same problem.  I use Comcast.net email through my iPhone.  How can I change my password when I can’t access my Comcast email?  My iPhone settings have the password to connect to Comcast, but that doesn’t allow me to change it.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@OPDooper1 We are happy to assist via your post.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

I created a new Xfinity account/password for my wife (I already had one with both of our phones) with her Comcast.net email address.  All of her Comcast.net emails reappeared, so I entered the new Comcast password into her iPhone settings and her Comcast.net emails are now coming through on her iPhone.  Problem solved.

1 Message

1 month ago

Having same problem. Can rx but can’t tx email. 

phone. Windows. Both not working. 

can send and rx using xfinity browser access. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Good evening and happy Thursday @user_jvopqt, we hope you are otherwise having a fantastic Thursday so far. We're sorry to hear about your email issues and assure you that our team is happy to help. May I ask if you have tried clearing cache and cookies or tried an alternate web browser? 

1 Message

25 days ago

I have called multiple times and keep getting forced to speak with robot or AI it will not let me get to a human and hangs up on me!!!!! This insane I guess they don’t make enough money and replace humans with AI or robots 🥹🥹🥹🥹😱😱

1 Message

@user_mpwrg4​ 

Yup got it to work on my iphone. However then my windows devices also wanted a pw change so I had to update it AGAIN. Still no new email despite updating the pw - [EDIT:Language]!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

@user_mpwrg4​ thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. I'm sorry to hear you've been unsuccessful with getting assistance when attempting to call over the phone. From experience, I've worked with customers and they have had issues connecting when their account has been closed. 

- Is the email address you're having issues with associated with a live account, or closed account? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here