Chameye's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, June 30th, 2024 5:55 PM

Can't sign into email on Samsung phone

My mother's email  stopped syncing and wants her to re-enter her password. However, this screen is all I get when I try and enter the password .  There's nothing actionable on this page.  I tried removing the account and re-adding it but same thing. I cleared the cache of the email app and restarted  the phone.  I've also turned off 2 step verification so it stops trying to open the Xfinity app.  It seems like it's trying to open the Xfinity app for verification, but never actually does.  Just stuck in this loop.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 months ago

Hey everyone, I figured out a solution myself and I feel really dumb for not thinking of it sooner.  I entered the password BEFORE entering the email address while setting up the email.  Everything worked after that.

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

Chameye I am glad that worked!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@Chameye​ I also tried this and it worked!  I agree, so simple, why did we not come up with this solution sooner?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

One additional piece of information.  Do not click Next on the keyboard.  Click Sign In, and it will complete.  Clicking Next takes you to the other page.

1 Message

@Chameye​ had same issue, couldn't get out of my own head to figure this out -- brilliant, mate! Thanks for posting this, you saved me hours of banging my head against wall.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@Chameye​ thanks for this. Was having the same issue on my Samsung tablet. As a guy that spent 37 years in computer support, I bow to thee.

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

3 months ago

I found the solution to this issue on another Xfinity post. They have changed their settings inside the Xfinity Email settings. Log into your Xfinity Email. Once your inside click on the gear icon on the top right corner. Go select settings. Then Security. Then check the box to allow 3rd Party Apps to have access to your Email. Once I did this it instantly let me sign back into my Samsung Email App without any issues. Just a note.. I did have to do this trick on an actual web browser on my laptop not my phone. So I would suggest that. It may work on your phones internet browser. If you're using an Android and by this thread I figured you guys all are I would suggest using the "desktop" mode to do it in when switching the setting. This is definitely the issue. I spent 4 hours plus with 3 different email apps and nothing worked but this. Now my Samsung Email App works again flawlessly

(edited)

6 Messages

Thank you.  That seem to have done the trick.  We shall see what tomorrow brings.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

That fix did not work for me. I am getting the same screen Lalinda77 is getting on my Samsung S24 Plus. Unable to type in the password because instead of bringing up the keyboard it takes me to that screen that says "Let's Go" that has no place to click or enter a password.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_5xxl12. We're happy to hear the issue has been resolved. 

If you need help in the future, please feel free to reach out. One of the things I love most about this platform is that we are able to help customers at their convenience and can pick up right where you left off.

We know you have choices, and we thank you for choosing Xfinity. I hope you have a great day.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thank!  THis worked.  Finally after 3 hours!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

This worked for me. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Same issue...  Hello Xfinity?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Does Xfinity monitor these forums? Is there a ticket open to get this issue resolved? Can someone from tech support please respond?

6 Messages

I have the same problem.  Like @Chameye, there is no field to enter my user name and password.  I tried the suggested solution and entered the password before the user name.  It didn't work.

I get the message,

"Couldn't verify account

The username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account.  Check your email account settings on the web, then try again."

Any suggestions from XfinityVictor, et al., would be greatly appreciated.

1 Message

Me too! Still unsuccessful 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon and happy Monday @user_xmchph, we hope you are having a wonderful start to your week. To confirm, are you also experiencing issues signing in to your email? If so, are you also on a Samsung device or have you tried any alternate devices? Our team is happy to help troubleshoot your email concerns. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Can sign in on laptop, but not on Samsung phone.

1 Message

3 months ago

Also same issue... Just got a new Xfinity Mobile phone and caint access my Xfinity email with it due to this.

4 Messages

Same issue here.  Very similar, my mother also had issues with her email syncing, and gets the same page.  Stupidly, I removed the email from my phone and attempted to re-add and now mine is broken as well.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_wlirxk Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Community Forums Team. I'm sorry to hear you are running into some difficulties. Did you by chance see the post that @Chameye made about what worked. Can you please try those steps and let us know if tha works for you? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityKassie​ Hi Kassie, I have tried what Chameye suggested more than once, and unfortunately it will not accept the new password, yet I can log on easily on my laptop.  Your technical team needs to be aware and update the signon page for this.  We appreciate your help and prompt attention.  Thank you.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Same issue as the others

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

leefus303 Hello there! We appreciate you reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your Xfinity email. @Chameye shared some steps that worked. Have you had a chance to try them yet? 

1 Message

We have tried @charmeye's steps and NO they have not worked. Now receiving Couldn't verify account message saying username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account.

Please assist

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I find it amusing that the technical team is using a customer's solution instead of solving the issue themselves. IMO that's typical customer service from Xfinity. There is no actual technical support, if you can't find a solution there is the Xfinity library which will keep you busy reading for hours without any solution. I'm pretty disgusted with Xfinity overall. The bottom line is their main objective. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_hlggjs Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. If you are accessing your email through a third-party email client (like Outlook, Thunderbird, or Apple Mail), make sure that POP3 or IMAP access is enabled in your email account settings. You will need to log into your Xfinity email account at Xfinity.com to do this. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@garylocke01​ as someone who has worked in computer support, things like this are difficult to troubleshoot.  The problem appears to be mostly Samsung device related and may have been caused by their update. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 months ago

I have same issue, July 1 2024

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 months ago

Has anyone tried clicking on "Let's Go!"?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@Again​ Let'sGo is not clickable, nothing on the page is clickable besides header and footer links

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Hi @Again ...  How do we get Xfinity to fix this?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

DrInternet We do monitor these Forums so thank you so much for letting us know you are running into this issue accessing your email on your Samsung device. I would recommend confirming the password and login work by accessing Xfinity.com directly. Once you know that works for you we can move on from there. How are you trying to access your Xfinity email on your Samsung device are you going to Xfinity.com or are you attempting to sync your Xfinity email with a 3rd party email? 

2 Messages

I'm trying to access through Samsung email app. It's been working fine up until a few days ago. I'm able to access on the net but it's a pain! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_nkk2b3 Hello! Are you still having issues accessing your email? Please make sure your apps are updated to minimize any issues.

4 Messages

3 months ago

Just curious, is this happening for both iPhone and Android users?  I personally (and my Mother as well) have Samsung Galaxy (android phones).  I was just wondering if iPhone users are also having this problem.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_KM3401​ 

Just curious, is this happening for both iPhone and Android users?  I personally (and my Mother as well) have Samsung Galaxy (android phones).  I was just wondering if iPhone users are also having this problem.

I think the problem is just with Samsung phones.  Apparently there was an update pushed that seemed to "break" the ability to log in for webmail.  Some people have been saying that they uninstalled the update and everything started working again.  Sorry, I can't tell you the name/number of the update.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

2 Messages

3 months ago

Having the same issue. Downloaded a new email app, worked for a day and now not working. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

Greetings, @Chameye! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues signing in to your email account, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you are using the Samsung Email app, you will need to enable modern authentication first, then remove and re-add your email account to the app. You can find more details about this here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/samsung-modern-authentication

You should be able to complete the two-step verification with a different device, if you have one available, but you can also do it with the same phone you're setting up. You will just need to be logged in to the Xfinity app before setting up your email. If the verification page does not redirect you to the Xfinity app for approval, you can open it manually to verify your login.

It sounds like you may have already tried various combinations of these steps already, but it keeps getting stuck on the two-step verification. If you haven't already done so, you may need to log out and log back in to the Xfinity app, delete your browsing data from the Chrome app, or possibly even delete and reinstall the Xfinity app to get the two-step verification process to complete.

4 Messages

@XfinityJamesC,

Thank you for responding to us.  I did not have the Xfinity app installed prior to reading your response.  I downloaded it, signed in, and enabled two-step verification.  

I attempted to add my email through the Samsung Email app, but I still encounter the same issues as the thread originator.  I get the page titled "Enter account information" it spins and spins, but I am never prompted via the xfinity app.

My account IS configured properly, because when I attempted to sign-in to this forum, I received a two-factor authentication prompt on my phone which I needed to approve in order to post this reply.  

I also tried manually going to the xfinity app as you suggested to approve this request when I attempted to sign in to my email on my phone, but I don't see any requests to approve.  

Can you provide more detailed instructions?  Or perhaps another solution?

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ I have tried all of that multiple times with the exact same result.  I get that screen where you can't actually go anywhere.  I was pretty clear in my initial post everything I tried.  The authentication happens just fine if I sign into the email portal in Chrome, it just doesn't work for the Samsung email app.  I've installed a new app for her for now, but there's no reason the stock app should not work.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for your reply.  I tried to remove this account on email, and readding it asks me for password and sends me to same menu with no where to add password 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Screenshot of menu with no where to add password 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Screenshot of menu same as before

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@lalalinda77​ 

And the Let's Go isn't clickable.  ☹

Did your phone recently have an update?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I received email from xfinity which was legitimate to change my password,  after I did, I needed to login to samsung email and then get the menu without area to enter email and password

When do you plan to update the menu so it is correct?

2 Messages

3 months ago

This still did not work for me. What in the world!! These are supposed to be smart phones but I swear they are dumb as a box of rocks! Or at least the programmers. So @xfinity still has no real solution?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_lyjrmg Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Have you signed in to your email on Xfinity.com? If you have not please do so and watch for any pop-ups that might prompt you to change something. Also, I would recommend making sure you have third party access turned on while on the website. If you need assistance with that please check out Turn your access to third-party email programs on or off in Xfinity Email

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I changed my passwords and now stuck in this same loop!  Any advice? I tried entering password first.  No dice!

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@iloveopera​ 

I changed my passwords and now stuck in this same loop!  Any advice? I tried entering password first.  No dice!

Delete your cookies for xfinity.com.  Close your browser.  Start a new session with your browser.  Accept all cookies and then log in.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Where on xfinity.com do you check pop3 imap ????

6 Messages

I followed the advice of another.  From my laptop, I signed into Xfinity (Comcast) email.  Once logged in, I clicked on the gear icon (upper right).  I selected "Settings" and then selected "Security."  Then, I allowed 3rd Party Apps to have access.

Once I did that, I was able to sign on for my email on my Samsung Android phone.

I hope that helps.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_81ac38. Please visit this link to see how to set up your account https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email.

1 Message

3 months ago

I have a Samsung android and am having this SAME issue!!!  When I try to open the Email app on my phone (which I have ALWAYS used to access my xfinity email) I am prompted with a message that says, 'Sign in again' and I'm prompted for the password. I'm not able to click on the user ID to delete that field.  When I click the Password field, I am taken to the 'Let's

go' page but am not able to enter my password.  This is SO annoying.  And I know my user name and password are correct since I can log into the xfinity website.  Ugh!  🙄 Please help!

6 Messages

I followed the advice of another.  From my laptop, I signed into Xfinity (Comcast) email.  Once logged in, I clicked on the gear icon (upper right).  I selected "Settings" and then selected "Security."  Then, I allowed 3rd Party Apps to have access.

Once I did that, I was able to sign on for my email on my Samsung Android phone.

I hope that helps.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here