U

Sunday, September 1st, 2024 11:34 PM

Can't access inactive email / continuous loop

I have continued to use my comcast.net email for several years since discontinuing my Internet plan, but have not used it in a few months. I can log into the account, but when I try to view email I get a message that says the email address is inactive until I access it again. I click on the link and just get a general xfinity page with no option to get to email. I have seen this question reported here before. 

I have made frustatingly useless attempts to speak with an agent through Chat or by calling the Comcast phone number, but since the question doesn't fit into something the bot understands, it gets nowhere except to tell me to use Chat. Can an xfinity agent please help? Thank you. 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

14 days ago

Call Comcast security and see if they can re-enable the email for you.  But depending on how long its been since you last signed into it, they might not be able to.  Worth a try though----------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance------------------- Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week) 1 - 888-565-4329

2 Messages

14 days ago

Yes, already tried calling - and chatting - but the "virtual assistant" would not connect me with a person despite trying the question a bunch of different ways. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out, user_3jtdwr! That's definitely not the experience we want you to have. I'd be more than happy to help you with your email issue. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here