Thrombuss's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 12:00 PM

Because they are retiring Xfinity Connect

I was looking at alternatives for this app on my phone for the email side of things.  It was looking like Outlook for Android would work best.  I'm stuck trying to set it up.  I looked up the Imap settings and these are what I found.

• Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net.
  • Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON.
  • If the Mail Client lets you select an authentication method, choose STARTTLS. ...
  • Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net.
  • Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP) ...
  • Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS isn't shown.)

First off there is no option I can see to change the SSL to on or TLS encryption.  I can put in my incoming and outgoing servers..change the ports and enter the IMAP and SMTP usernames.  I assume those are my logins that I am using to login to my specific email account.  I put those in and I always get the error that a password or username is incorrect.  I know for a fact these are my passwords and I use the same ones on my computer.  I've never had issues logging in to view my bill etc with this same email password combination.  What's going on?  I wouldn't even be looking into alternative email apps if it werent for Xfinity trying to mess with all their users trying to access their email with mobile devices.  Logging in using a web browser isn't an option because its so clunky.  

Please advis

Responses

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 m ago

I have fixed this on my phone!!!  Comcast support told me to go to apple and I knew that wasn't going to get me anywhere.  I did a little googling and found the fix.

In the upper right corner there is a gear icon, click that

Click email settings in the drop down

Click on Security on the left

Click on the box under third party access (I did it, exited out and went back in and it was unchecked however the second time it stayed checked).

After that is done you should be able to set up your comcast email in the iphone mail app.

Good Luck!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Liddyfamily 

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  This solution worked after not finding any other solutions from a thorough search of the internet.

Well done!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 m ago

I am having the same issue, no matter how I try to set up the xfinity mail on the iphone mail app it tells me that my login and password are incorrect (and they aren't incorrect)

ComcastKorie

Official Employee

• 

163 Messages

2 m ago

Hello there, @Thrombuss and @Liddyfamily. I know how important it is to be able to access your emails. I'd love to help if you are still having issues. Please feel free to send me a PM with your name and address so I can assist further. Here is a link as well that will help ensure you are connecting to a secure network: https://comca.st/38nONn5;

To send me a private message, click on my name, "ComcastKorie," and then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

I think it doesn't work for some people based on the level of security they have.  I have 2 stage security and I think that has something to do with the messages regarding username and password.

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.8K Messages

2 m ago

When I tried, I simply typed in my comcast.net email. It then had me only enter passwords. There was no need to make alterations to any other settings. I just left them as-sis.

I also noticed the Gmail app has an option to add other emails, although I haven't tried it.

EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

2 m ago

@ComcastKorie wrote:

Here is a link as well that will help ensure you are connecting to a secure network: https://comca.st/38nONn5;

FWIW, please check that link. It appears to be broken.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

So I’m trying to decide the best option since the Xfinity Connect App is being retired.

1) Create an icon on my home screen so it will take me directly to the Xfinity Connect website. One big problem with this is there isn’t a way to show a “badge” showing the number of new emails.

2) Set up with a third party app such as Apple Mail, Outlook, etc. Anyone have a suggestion which works best and do all your folders come over as well? I tried Apple Mail and unless I’m doing something incorrect, I don’t see any of my folders (sent, trash, spam, or my custom folders).

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.8K Messages

23 d ago

I have been trying Outlook, on Android. I assume Apple should be similar. To see the folders with Outlook, you click the folder icon in the upper-left, and it will show them all, with numbers of unread messages.

I don't know if there is a Gmail app for Apple, but it also supports other mailboxes.

New to the Community?

Start Here