Because they are retiring Xfinity Connect
I was looking at alternatives for this app on my phone for the email side of things. It was looking like Outlook for Android would work best. I'm stuck trying to set it up. I looked up the Imap settings and these are what I found.
- Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net.
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON.
- If the Mail Client lets you select an authentication method, choose STARTTLS. ...
- Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net.
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP) ...
- Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS isn't shown.)
First off there is no option I can see to change the SSL to on or TLS encryption. I can put in my incoming and outgoing servers..change the ports and enter the IMAP and SMTP usernames. I assume those are my logins that I am using to login to my specific email account. I put those in and I always get the error that a password or username is incorrect. I know for a fact these are my passwords and I use the same ones on my computer. I've never had issues logging in to view my bill etc with this same email password combination. What's going on? I wouldn't even be looking into alternative email apps if it werent for Xfinity trying to mess with all their users trying to access their email with mobile devices. Logging in using a web browser isn't an option because its so clunky.