BruceW's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

Thursday, October 24th, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Appsuite webmail v7.10.0-1-3

In Appsuite webmail v7.10.0-1-3:

1. The "Select All" checkbox has been replaced with an oddly named "All" dropdown. Please restore the "Select All" checkbox, or add "Select All" as one of the "All" dropdown options. Without "Select All", tasks I was able to perform in 2 or 3 clicks now can take a dozen or more.

2. The browser title bar displays "Inbox - Mail - [My Full Name!!!] - Xfinity Connect" or "Mail - [My Full Name!!!] - Xfinity Connect". Please remove the full name from the title bar. If I'm in a public place, do I want my full name visible full-time at the top of the webmail screen? No, I do not.

3. The new Compose window is far too small. Even with the "Maximize" option turned on, Compose does not make full use of the available screen space.

4. "Settings / About" no longer allows me to copy the Version number. As manually reading and typing the version number is error-prone (at least, it is when I try to do it) the ability to copy and paste should be restored.

Thank you.

Edit: Full name wording; ETA: Version number not copyable

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastGabriel wrote: ...
  • The select all fix is already in the works ...
  • Agreed around the full name in the browser title, I will follow up on that one

• Copy and paste version  - strange one I will look into it
  • Compose window - ... this feedback isn't prevalent so far

A month has passed, and no improvement. We'e still flipping randomly between v7.10.0-1-3 and v7.10.0-1-9, both of which suffer from the problems listed.

Will we ever see any of these fixes???

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, questions answered, but not to my satisfaction.  Just fix it, why wait?  Not enough

feedback? that is because most don't know whom to turn to complain. The compose window is one third the size it used to be, how in anyway is that helpful?  EVERYONE I know hates a screen change  . . .  what would compell you to change it?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

All-------for the "Select all" issue-----------I don't think its really an issue.  You already have an alternate way to do the exact same thing.  When looking at the Inbox list, just select an email, or check the box next to it, then on your Windows keyboard hit Cntrl-A.  That will "select-all".  Same number of clicks---------just a different path to the same result.

Just sayin.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastGabriel wrote: ... select all fix ...

Thanks for adding "Select all messages" to the "All" dropdown options list in Appsuite webmail v7.10.0-1-22. Much appreciated! It's not as convenient as the late lamented "Select All" check box, but better than nothing.

But we still have these problems:

• Title bar still displays My Full Name!!! Unacceptable!
  • Even with "Maximize" turned on, Compose window still does not make full use of the available screen space.
  • Still can't copy the Version number from "Settings / About".
  • Still no audible or visual New Mail indication.

ETA: When the compose screen is "shunk", the Undo, Redo, Formats, font names, and Link items disappear from the HTML toolbar without notice. So add to the Bug List:

• Please fix the "missing items in shrink mode" problem. If it can't be fixed, provide some indication that the toolbar is incomplete.

In Firefox, Chrome, Edge. and IE the two Compose modes look like:

Shrunk:

XcCwShr1.png

Maximized:

XcCwMax1.png

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

Two months later, and still on v7.10.0-1-22, we still have these problems:

• Title bar still displays My Full Name!!! Unacceptable!
  • Even with "Maximize" turned on, Compose window still does not make full use of the available screen space.
  • Please fix the "missing items in shrink mode" problem. If it can't be fixed, provide some indication that the toolbar is incomplete.
  • Can't copy the Version number from "Settings / About".
  • No audible or visual New Mail indication.

Why does the title bar display my full name anyway? Does Comcast think I might forget it? Why not include my account number? Social Security number? Home phone number? I might forget them!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

Four months later and still on v7.10.0-1-22, we still have all of the problems reported in my March 2 message above, plus:

• If you compose an email, save it as a draft, and then edit and send that draft, webmail will include a read receipt request even if you have that preference turned off.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

With the Appsuite version still showing v7.10.0-1-22, the title bar now displays my email address instead of my full name. Is that an improvement? And we still have these problems:

• Please fix the "missing items in shrink mode" problem (see 12-20-2019 post). If it can't be fixed, provide some indication that the toolbar is incomplete.

And:

• If you compose an email, save it as a draft, and then edit and send that draft, webmail will include a read receipt request even if you have that preference turned off in Settings. Note:
  1. After initial Compose: No "X-OX-Notification:" header. When this email is received, Appsuite does not display a read receipt request.
  2. After first draft edit: "X-OX-Notification: false" header added. When this email is received, Appsuite displays a read receipt request. ???
  3. After second draft edit: "X-OX-Notification: [SenderEmailID]@comcast.net": header added. When this email is received, Appsuite displays a read receipt request.

Please fix!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

4 years ago

With the Appsuite version v7.10.3-0-54:

• The problem with bogus read receipt requests being generated after saving a draft, editing that draft, and then sending it appears to be fixed. 
  • The View dropdown adds three selection items:
  1. Folder view: an alternate way of doing Show Folders / Hide Folders.
  2. Exact dates: Shows the date and time of messages from previous days, instead of "Yesterday" or the 6 previous days of the week. Also lists the time as well as the date.
  3. Message size: allows or suppresses display of that column.
  • The View dropdown also adds an undocumented "Statistics" link.

But:

• Save (as draft) was inexplicably removed from Send / Save / Discard buttons in the Compose window and now only appears after clicking Discard. Huh?!?!?

These problems remain:

• Items in the HTML toolbar disappear in shrink mode with no warning (see 12-20-2019 post).
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here