bjjhryan's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 3rd, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Additional E-mail accounts

How do you add an additional comcast email account?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Redbird14 wrote:

Scr it.  Since you see what I describe no need for a screen cap....back in 5 with results of adding an email account hoping that no confirmation email is sent to it.

What if you add a new user as RESTRICTED, first?  It appears this type is not asked for a contact method and doesn't need to be 'invited'.  The 'User Name' is the user portion of the email address.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@bjjhryan wrote:

How do you add an additional comcast email account?

By creating another user on the web page after logging in to your account.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@bjjhryan wrote: How do you add an additional comcast email account?

Please see https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-Add-Invite-and-Manage-Users-on-Your-Xfinity/ta-p/2941264. If you follow the instructions under "Add or Invite a New User to Your Account" on that page and select "Create credentials", the user ID you create is also an email ID. The email address for the new user is the ID you created followed by "@Comcast.net".

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

So I want to set up a second email account for myself.  I go to the Users page, put in a dummy 1st name with my real last name.  Then it asks for a contact method.  At this point, the new user has no Comcast email address and if I put in my existing Comcast email address it tells me "A user with this email address has already been added to your account."   I do have a second email address, non-Comcast, but Comcast has that address on their records as well so I get the same error message when I try that.  The other option, mobile phone number, is not viable for me because I get no cell phone reception in my apartment.

So I tried calling tech support.  They called me back, got my identifying information and then put me on hold for 12 minutes before disconnecting me.  There is currently no chat on the website.

So I still can't figure out how to set up my 2nd of 7 email accounts I'm presumably allowed.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

How would I retrieve any messages sent there?

To elaborate, Comcast generally doesn't do anything without at least 1 step of confirmation.  So likely the first thing they'd do is send to that address an email containing a link I'd need to access to confirm whatever-Comcast-wants-me-to-confirm.  How would I receive that email?  Would it appear on the xfinity website's my account's email subsystem given I haven't confirmed yet?  I'm pretty sure my email client (Thunderbird) won't work with any email provider unless my account with that provider is already active so I'm pretty sure that's not an option for retrieving any confirming message given that the new account would be in some sort of pending-confirmation-but-not-yet-active state.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

Scr it.  Since you see what I describe no need for a screen cap....back in 5 with results of adding an email account hoping that no confirmation email is sent to it.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

I am using a desktop.  Dell XPS 8930 SE Win 10 Pro.  The other image was uploaded using Opera.  now I'm trying Brave.  Next is Firefox.  And for a last resort, Edge.  And I am using the camera icon that appears above this 'type your message' box and the susequent dialogue the website uses for inserting photos.  Here goes....attempt #3:

Comcast1.png

Well I can see the image in the '*Body' box.  Let's see if it appears after I post.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Redbird14 wrote:

How would I retrieve any messages sent there?

To elaborate, Comcast generally doesn't do anything without at least 1 step of confirmation.  So likely the first thing they'd do is send to that address an email containing a link I'd need to access to confirm whatever-Comcast-wants-me-to-confirm.  How would I receive that email?  Would it appear on the xfinity website's my account's email subsystem given I haven't confirmed yet?  I'm pretty sure my email client (Thunderbird) won't work with any email provider unless my account with that provider is already active so I'm pretty sure that's not an option for retrieving any confirming message given that the new account would be in some sort of pending-confirmation-but-not-yet-active state.

Creating a new user on your account does not require any authentication to the new users email account, as far a I know.  I created a second user on my account for testing and that user name is the user portion of the comcast.net email address.  I monitor that email account as I have added it to my email client I use (Outlook).

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Redbird14 wrote:

Here's the result of adding the user to my desired 2nd email address:

The new user will need to confirm the street address on your account.

So where do I get that confirmation prompt?

(I cut and pasted that...cut and paste doesn't work with the non-text portions of website pages unfortunately).

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

Here's the result of adding the user to my desired 2nd email address:

The new user will need to confirm the street address on your account.

So where do I get that confirmation prompt?

(I cut and pasted that...cut and paste doesn't work with the non-text portions of website pages unfortunately).

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

BTW, here's what I'm seeing when I add a user.  I'll try it (using new email address) and report back.  If I burn 1 of my 7 email addresses allowed, so be it.  Doubt I'll ever need 7.

Comcast1.png

Let's try that again...Comcast1.png

Well, carp [Wow...Comcast censored me when I spelled that correctly!].  When i upload an image it appears fine in the little viewer I get.  But then when the message posts its blank.  Let me try another browser.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Redbird14 wrote:

BTW, here's what I'm seeing when I add a user.  I'll try it (using new email address) and report back.  If I burn 1 of my 7 email addresses allowed, so be it.  Doubt I'll ever need 7.

Comcast1.png

I tested using my phone, which the Xfinity My Account app sent me to the mobile web site to 'Add a User to Your Household'.  I see what you describe, it asking for a contact method. This appears to be different than Adding a User to your Account on the desktop web site.  If I were you, I'd try using a desktop/laptop to log into your account and add the user/email account.

You can't shift-insert from the clipboard to add a picture.  You have to save it to a file and then add it using the option.  You might need to be 'authorized' to upload pictures.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Redbird14 wrote:

So I want to set up a second email account for myself.  I go to the Users page, put in a dummy 1st name with my real last name.  Then it asks for a contact method.  At this point, the new user has no Comcast email address and if I put in my existing Comcast email address it tells me "A user with this email address has already been added to your account."   I do have a second email address, non-Comcast, but Comcast has that address on their records as well so I get the same error message when I try that.  The other option, mobile phone number, is not viable for me because I get no cell phone reception in my apartment.

So I tried calling tech support.  They called me back, got my identifying information and then put me on hold for 12 minutes before disconnecting me.  There is currently no chat on the website.

So I still can't figure out how to set up my 2nd of 7 email accounts I'm presumably allowed.

Did you try using the 'new' email address you want to use as the 'contact method'? 

Your description does NOT match what I see when I log into my account (on the web site using a desktop) and select Users->Add a New User.  I see no request for contact method.   How are you accessing your account, device/app?

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

4 years ago

Actually your other suggestion worked.  I added a Restricted new user and no confirmation is required.  And I was able to delete the Unrestricted with Billing permission user that I set up that required confirmation of my street address so no email address is burned.  The delay in response is because it took me some time to get everything set up in Thunderbird.

Thanks for sticking with me this afternoon!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here