U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Jul 14, 2021 12:14 AM

Accessing email

Hi!  My husband is a manager on my xfinity account; however, whenever he tries to get into his email account, he has to wait for a text & enter #s from that text before getting into his email account. How can we change that so he can just get into his email by entering his password, like I can. 
Thanks in advance!

Responses

XfinityJay

Official Employee

• 

130 Messages

2 m ago

Hi there, @user_28c72f. I hope that you and your family have been well.

Thanks for reaching out to our Forums page for assistance.

While it's less secure, you should be able to log in quicker by disabling Two-Step Authentication. Here a helpful thread that should help, https://comca.st/3efXaUJ;

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@ComcastJay Thanks for your reply!  I do not have the 2step Authorization turned on ( I am listed as the primary) and when I look under users, he is listed as a manager & I don’t see where he he would have it turned on either.  Is this something he has to change once he logs in?  Can 1 user have it on & not the other?  
Tonight he couldn’t log in at all as he never received his text-tried sever times. It isn’t his phone as he received my text after we tested his phone.

Help!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@ComcastJay PS:  your link doesn’t work 🤔

XfinityJay

Official Employee

• 

130 Messages

We can definitely help and appreciate the opportunity to make this right. Yes, your husband may still have the 2-Step Authentication on while you do not. We would need to get him logged in first to check. I tip my hat to you for doing all you can from home to figure this out. Have also you tried logging in from a different device to receive the code?

I'm sorry about the faulty link, that's on me (Email Forum ) that should work.

Resetting your password can also help resolve any login issues you may run into (Xfinity Support).

If you continue to run into issues, please do me the favor of initiating a chat to Xfinity Support by providing your full name and address. To begin a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page. Search for Xfinity Support, if needed. We're looking forward to working with you to work to resolve this!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thanks, will try this in a few days!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

PS. We have tried on a different computer. You said you would need him logged in to check, but he can not login. 

New to the Community?

Start Here