Haneystationo3's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2024 10:30 PM

3rd Party Emails not working since requested Password update

Since updating my password per xfinity's request I can no longer access my emails on my iPad, iPhone, or Desktop.  To reduce the response time to the real issue I have done the following:

1. I did reset my passwords on all my devices.
  2. I did check that third party access was checked.
  3. I even unchecked it logged off and then checked the third party access back on.
  4. I removed my account from various apps and restored them.

Still not email so I , and others, need a solution as it is more than inconvenient.  Yes, I have a comcast email account.

Look forward to receiving a response that will restore my service.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

Greetings, @Haneystationo3! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your email, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

It sounds like you've already tried all the steps that have helped other customers with this same issue, so we may need to look at your mail server and make sure things are up-to-date. Are you able to access your email through a web browser, but not with third-party apps, or is it universally unavailable?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5. Yes I can access the mail through my browser.

Forgot that on the list, but as of Sunday mail was working again with my third-party apps.

Thanks for throwing the switch.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

GREAT! So you're set then?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I have the same issue.   Everytime I open my Outlook email I get a message to enter my comcast username and password for the imap server.   I have done that and each time it tells me the user name and password are correct but still keeps asking for it.   Microsoft says thi is a Comcast issue.  Need help 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here