U

Thursday, September 5th, 2024 11:52 PM

Xfinity is charging more than what they promised.

1. I hired the service on January for internet services, the guy who was helping me took forever, and not only that, he told me I would get a device+unlimited plan+internet for the same price that I would get only for the internet, after asking him several times that if I didn't  have to pay anything for those services I accept them, then when I got home and tried to do the self installation, I couldn't do it because that guy that gave me the modem didn't gave me the correct one, the MAC address was totally different from the one I had in my account, so I had to call them and get it fixed.

2. Not only the modem didn't work but I also had to call again to cal a Technician because my apartment didn't have Xfinity internet working.

3. Oh surprise, I received an email saying my service got cancelled for no reason, saying that I updated my plan when I never did, then had to call ask what happened, and not even the gentleman that was on the phone couldn't answer why it happened, so I asked him if he could get reactivated and if after that I would ended up paying exactly the same, he said: YES!!!!.

4. No, it didn't happen, now my last bill is $85 internet service, +$40 for the unlimited phone plan, +$12 for the device that they gave at the very beginning.

5. I called again!!!! to get it fixed, they gave me a ticket number and told me that I would receive and email within 48 hours to return the phone so I didn't have to pay for it, it's been 3 days and I have received nothing!!!

6. I hired 800 mbps, and I'm not getting anything higher than 500 mbps

What else do you do in this scenarios, as anyone sued and if so, ho did you proceed?

I would appreciate your feedback, than you.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

21 days ago

Hey there, @user_e3n5h1! Thank you for taking the time to create this post with your service and billing concerns. I'd definitely love the opportunity to help in any way that I can! It sounds like the current/active concerns include your bill and internet speed.

1. Have you checked out our Plan Builder by chance? You may also try shopping Xfinity Deals online (just make sure to click "Sign in here" first) or simply log in to My Account and you can manage your services that way! We recommend starting online if possible since some promotions are exclusively offered online-only :) Otherwise, our team typically has access to the same options you see while logged in to your account. And keep in mind that you don't always need to make any "changes" other than selecting the same service(s) you already subscribe to, in order to see any applicable promotional rates being offered. You may just not see the total estimated monthly bill until you proceed to the order summary (before approving any changes and placing your order).

2. Please review these Connection Troubleshooting Tips to see if there's anything that can be done on your end to improve the speeds. Let us know if that helps, if you notice anything that you were able to adjust on your side, or if you still have concerns. We have the option of inviting you to send us a direct message if we need to take a closer look at your account, service(s), and/or equipment. Thanks again!

Visitor

• 

28 Messages

19 days ago

Get used to their tricks they’re not done with you yet. 

On Saturday they told me that if I didn’t pay a past due amount of $217 my service would be suspended today. I paid it with the last bit of cash I had until next week just to wake up to my phones being suspended. So not only do they steal they also lie. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here