U

Sunday, July 7th, 2024 9:37 PM

Won’t unlock my phone after their own error

We have moved out of the service area and I paid off my wife’s iPhone 15 on 6/1/24 of $813.77 only later to find out that the money was processed as paying a bill rather than it being a device pay out. Now, they keep saying I can’t get my device unlocked because there is still a balance; though I paid it off. Totally their error. Since June 1, I’ve been on the phone for nearly 15 hours in total dealing with them. Two gave me their names, David and Neph. Both promised to escalate my case and call me back after 24 hours. I got that same spill 4 other times as well. Nobody ever called back. One even said it would take 3-5 business days. I lost it. They even put credits back on to my xfinity account (of course that’s not money in my bank account). Today (7/7/24), I found out that no escalation was ever placed, so now here is the “1st” one. I have never talked to a human the way I talked to these people today. I am entirely so over this. I just want what I paid for to be unlocked. Also found out that these reps don’t have direct management they can go to in person. It’s all through online chat. Of course, nobody came to the reps aid I was talking to today to fulfill whatever escalation she mentioned. Who knows if she put one. That only fits the narrative to lie again. Talk about customer fatigue. 

It’s simple. I paid. Not my fault Xfinity staff did it wrong. Unlock my phone! 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_x1x1uu! I'm sorry you've had such a hard time getting this straightened out. I'd be happy to look into this for you to see what I can do. 

4 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ thank you. No resolution has been reached

4 Messages

3 months ago

Still…no resolution had been reached. 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Also, I’m seeing that there is an $80 early termination fee on my internet account. Guess how many folks told me about that before seeing it? Zero. Not paying another dime to xfinity of any kind. I want my $813.77 back minimum. Asap. This has been an utter joke. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good evening @user_x1x1uu, and thank you for reaching back out on our Community Forums today, we're sorry to hear that your concerns have not yet been resolved and understand where your frustrations are coming from. We assure you that this is never how we want any of our customers to feel and are happy to look further into your Early Termination Fee concerns, you've definitely reached the right team to help. I also see you previously reached out regarding issues with unlocking your device, are you still having mobile concerns? If so, we'd be happy to get a ticket submitted for further assistance. 

To get started can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? 

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

3 months ago

Same here, Xfinity Mobile is a joke, they will not unlock my phone that was long ago paid for, I even had automatic payment where they took any money they were owed. They don't claim I owe anything,  just don't have anyone that knows how to do it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here