ddp1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 10:46 PM

Want to buy a smartwatch without the $10 monthly data plan

I would like to buy a smartwatch from Xfinity, but i do not want to connect it to any data plan. i simply want to connect it to my phone using Blutooth. So, for this I should not be paying $10 a month for the smartwatch. Yet, when I try to checkout, I see that $10 charge is already included in the first month charge.

Please clarify if $10 monthly fee is unavoidable.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 months ago

Hello, @ddp1. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform.

Have you tried calling or texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Frequent Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ my question is a general question. is the $10 monthly charge for smartwatch avoidable?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@ddp1 In order to purchase the watch through Xfinity, you would need to have the data plan and the $10 data charge applied to the account. I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions. We are here to help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here