U

Sunday, December 3rd, 2023 6:35 AM

Closed

Unlock Motorola one 5g ace

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue of unlock motorola one 5g ace problem.

I've been told to "wait 48 hours" first day, and then wait "24 hours", then "wait 48 hours" again.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/motorola-one-5g-ace-unlock/621a41617b62721712f32bb9

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-mobile/unlock-motorola-5g-ace/616700e1dc872674e0fe192d

I wonder how these people resolve this problem?

it seems unlock this device has an issue, but Xfinity customer care did not help.

Did anyone recently unlock motorola one 5g ace, could you please share how you can unlock this device?

I'm going to international travel soon, so I really need to unlock this device to use another carrier's USIM.

5 Messages

10 months ago

I called customer support again and keep repeating "just wait".

They raised ticket and promised me that it will be unlocked within 48hours, but that did not happen.

Now I'm getting sms like

--

Hi, it's Xfinity Assistant.

Thanks for contacting us today. We've opened case number ECMxxxxx regarding your Xfinity Mobile Device Unlock Request for [EDITED: Personal Information] You'll hear from us with a status update in the next 48 hours.

TxtHelpOrStop

Msg&DataRatesMayApply

--

Hi, it's Xfinity Assistant.
We're still working on your case number ECMxxxxxx regarding your Xfinity Mobile Device Unlock Request. Thank you for your patience. There's no need to follow up, we'll reach out when your issue is resolved.

Txt Stop
Msg&DataRatesMayApply

So obviously XM does not unlock your device.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Hey there, @user_k8z90z! I am very sorry to hear about the experience with getting your device unlocked, it certainly is not what we want for our customers. We would like to take a look into the account with you and share any updates. Can you please send us a DM to get started?

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Now I've got unlocked device.

After I've been to Xfinity Store and raised ticket, finally I can directly speak with unlock team.

Then they checked a couple thing and unlocked my device. It took for about 30min.

It was really bad interaction with Xfinity customer care which kept pretending/saying my device is already "unlocked",

and asking for "additional 48-72 hours" when XM unlock team can unlock my device within 30min.

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

I completely understand the frustrations, @user_k8z90z! I am very sorry this has been the experience you have had with unlocking the device, and I will certainly document the feedback. We are happy to hear that everything is fully resolved with the device being unlocked. Please let me know if you have any further questions/concerns. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here