U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 3:53 PM

Closed

Unlock Motorola 5g Ace

Have been trying over a week to unlock my Motorola phone that I purchased from Xfinity. Hours spent listening to empty promises and even lies about getting phone unlocked from Xfinity agents. Supervisors are no help either. I'm told to wait 24-48 hours for an unlock code but they keep sending the same non-working code on 4 different times! Are you kidding me? . The code sent simply does not work despite all efforts including a complete phone reset. Does anyone have a suggestion? 

Official Employee

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for reaching out today! I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://comca.st/3DLr7Gg and one of our dedicated mobile experts will be happy to look into this for you! 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityBenB

Your suggestion does not work. NO ONE at Xfinity is able to help. Numerous hours have been wasted trying to unlock a phone that I paid for. The unlock code simply does not work. Here is the error that comes up. "Network unlock request unsuccessful. Too many attempts. Please wait 3 minutes before entering the unlock code again."

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

same exact f%%$%% problem

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good morning @casey.clark and thank you for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our forums, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue unlocking your device as well. Have you been able to get your device unlocked yet? If not, our team will be happy to get you into the right hands to assist. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

No device was never unlocked keep getting same exact unlock code from Xfinity not calling or messaging any longer even went into the Xfinity store still no results same code over and over. I'm sure my phone needs the unfreeze code network unlock does not avail anything

Official Employee

• 

299 Messages

To get started, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address, the dates you have reached out to our Xfinity Mobile team directly via call or messaging, and any support tickets that have been submitted for your request, to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window.

• Press Enter to send
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

178 Messages

3 years ago

Since it's an Android phone they should have given you two codes. The unlock code doesn't work many times and there is a subsidy unlock code they should have given you. STOP attempting to use the code... you will hard locked it permanently. Call them and get both codes. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@tuffigirl 

There was only 1 unlock code provided not 2. The unlock info from Xfinity stated no other code was required. I believe that to be true because a single unlock code was provided for my wife's identical Moto One 5G Ace phone and it worked fine and her phone unlocked with the unique code for her device. Mine will not with a different code Xfinity provided. I even tried her code once just to see if it would work but failed. I'm convinced the phone now has the subsidy lock you referred to but I'll continue to search for solutions. Xfinity is useless and Motorola basically told me to go pound sand. Thanks for your reply.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

This is truly far from the experience we want you to have. Could you please reach back out to our Xfinity mobile team at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://comca.st/3DLr7Gg ?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same exact thing id happening to me accept I have tried many more times I have went into the store, called , text, web chat every single time same code and does not work. So fed up with these guys that I literally had to switch networks. Since day one Xfinity has not been helpful or good to me not to mention the 5G is slow. Really irritated that they cant even give me my unlock code to a phone i bought and paid full price for

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

The SIM locked Motorola 5G Ace is now resolved with absolutely NO help from Xfinity. After 2 weeks of ridiculous customer service, hours and days wasted and being sent the same wrong SIM unlock code by Xfinity 4 times, I ended up paying a a reputable online SIM unlock company $30 to unlock my fully paid phone. It was unlocked it in 45 min. Clearly Xfinity and their "unlock team" is useless. If you have a choice, never deal with Xfinity for anything. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have had the same problem with Xfinity. They do not have a clue on how to unlock my Mororola5Gace, which is paid for.

I've had five different emails from them with the same unlock code, and I get the same results. The same message is " unock 

not successful, too many login attempts", and this message came after the very first attempt. I have spent about 8 hours on

the phone with Xfinity Mobile, talking to agents at different levels, and you know what their final answer was, Call Motorola.

They gave me the ph. number For Motorola, and they indicated that they do not sell locked phones. I have been working for

6 weeks to get this phone shifted to a new provider. No one can figure it out. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_efb0c6 

Don't waste anymore time with Xfinity because they are useless. Dispute the charge on your credit card for the your phone if possible because you were sold a phone that you cannot use and they cannot or will not unlock. Then pay someone to unlock it.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello there @user_efb0c6 this is definitly not the experience we want anyone of our Moble customers to have when trying to get an eligible device unlocked. We do want to make sure we can get you taken care of.

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here