K

8 Messages

Thursday, August 3rd, 2023 4:48 PM

Closed

Trade In Complaint- Would Appreciate Any Help

Went to store 7/22 to upgrade during this latest iPhone promotion. The sales associate evaluated my trade in device  and based on model and condition (my phone was in perfect condition and to be safe i took photos and a video of the phone turning on just before going to the store) assured me i would get $600 in 24 monthly credits. He then said that they had no new iPhones in store and i would receive the iPhone at home in 2 days which I was fine with. When he tried to complete the transaction the system said “unable to process” so he asked the Store Manager who said that I would need to mail in the trade in and it could not be accepted in store as they could only accept it if they gave me a new iPhone. I reconfirmed a couple of times and they assured me i would get the full $600 for my trade in as it showed in the system and my phone was in very good condition. So they did the transaction in store but i had to mail in trade in device. At no point did they make me aware what the mail in process involved or i would just have gone to another store to complete the transaction. .

The new iPhone was shipped on 7/24 and I received it 7/26 and I also received the mail in label for USPS at 4.30 pm on 7/24. I mailed out my trade in immediately at 4.50 pm, 7/24 and have a USPS Delivery Confirmation of it being delivered to the York PA address on 7/26 at 12.49 pm. As of today my online account shows no update of the trade in being shipped or received by them and keeps saying to mail in within 21 days. I have received emails every 2 days including today asking me to mail in the trade in device. Also the billing online shows i have to pay full monthly price for the phone. Have called Xfinity Mobile four times so far and each time the agents told me that I am fully qualified for the promotion and that they can see it my account and I should ignore the emails asking me to send the trade in device and I would receive an email in 24 hours confirming the trade in credits. I requested them to make a note on my account of my USPS tracking number which confirms delivery.  So far I have received nothing but false promises from Xfinity Mobile. My buyers remorse window to return the new iPhone closes shortly. My window to mail back the trade in closes shortly after when I assume they will remove the trade in credit for my return. So I will be stuck with a phone at full price and have no access to get my trade in back. How difficult is it to have a system that scans the barcode as soon as the trade in device is received and updates the account that the phone was received. Also its only fair to complete the trade in process before the buyer’s remorse period of 14 days is over.

Sadly, at this point, with no concrete feedback, the mail in trade in program definitely feels like a scam and a restrictive way of making you buy a new phone at full price and stay locked in to Xfinity Mobile for another 2 years. In the process they are making me loose a perfectly good trade in device. Its just sad the wasted time and stress that I have had to undergo to get this sorted out and currently am no where close to seeing the end of the tunnel.  Any advise or help to sort out this issue would be much appreciated. I hope Xfinity Mobile gets back to me soon so i don’t have to take any drastic measures. I have been a Xfinity customer since I can remember at all my residences and a Xfinity Mobile customer since they started the service 6 years ago.

Accepted Solution

8 Messages

11 months ago

Received an email today 8/6 from Xfinity Mobile saying "Your Trade in has Shipped and is on its way to us." A couple of minutes later got an email saying "Trade In has been Accepted, trade in credit will be applied to  your monthly statement." So hopefully my credits get applied and this may be the end of the tunnel for me... However I still believe that the mail in process can be more streamlined and a lot less of a harrowing experience for the customer and a lot more positive vibes for Xfinity Mobile. I hope the executive who is responsible/owns the Trade In Program at Xfinity Mobile is listening... at the very least update your SLA with Assurant to insure a stress free experience.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

So happy to hear things were resolved! Enjoy your day!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I am having the same problems as these other posters.  Traded-in my old iphone for $600 towards a new Iphone 15pro. Sent in my iphone to

Assurant, immediately after receiving the new one, as directed, using their prepaid label.  Haven’t heard anything from them since then.  My account on the xfinity app does not even show that my iphone was shipped to them, even though usps tracking shows it was delivered to them.  What the hell is going on with them?

I’ve tried contacting Xfinity, but am getting nowhere.

Could an Xfinity agent please tell me how to proceed from here? 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi there, @user_f608wf ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. Thank you for your patience while you waited to connect with me. I can most definitley understand your concerns regarding not knowing where your trade in phone is. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@kulsanjay​ Whomever in Xfinity/Comcast designed (and I use that word very loosely) their process for trading in old phones must be a true moron.  I can’t think of a better way to alienate customers than the method that Xfinity is currently using.  

It is a stupid process for so many obvious reasons, I won’t spend the effort to go into it here.

It shows an ignorance and total lack of respect for not only customers, but also for their own employees, who must waste time and effort to deal with frustrated, unhappy customers.

2 Messages

@user_f608wf​ 

I am having the same issues where I have mailed my trade in phone and it was delivered with confirmation and signature from usps.  No credit to my account and no update from Xfinity

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @kulsanjay! Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your mobile questions and concerns. I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had with that trade-in. Since Xfinity Mobile support is limited for our Digital Care Team via social media, we ask that you reach directly out (by call or text) to our Xfinity Mobile Sales and Service team at 1-888-936-4968 for further assistance with your mobile device. It sounds like you've called before, so try text next if you can, please. You may also use our Secure Online Chat where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7! Please let us know if you're able to get a hold of them in one of those two other ways, and we'll be here to assist however we can :)

8 Messages

@XfinitySara​ thanks a lot for your response. Appreciate your getting back to me. As you rightly said I have called the number you mentioned in your message 4 times and each time they have assured me that things will definitely be sorted out and I will definitely get the $600 credit. I will however take up your advise and also try the texting and online chat route. Thanks again...

8 Messages

@XfinitySara​ got an email today 8/6 accepting the trade in and confirming credits will be applied to my monthly billing statements. Not sure if it was just routine but I would like to believe that you definitely played a positive role in getting this done. Once again, thank you for your help...

Contributor

• 

224 Messages

@kulsanjay​ So what was the elapsed time (days) from when you mailed the phone in to when the credit showed up in your account?  They are running a fantastic promo now but there are so many horror stories on this forum about the trade-in process (specifically Xfinity acknowledging receipt of phone and applying the credit) that I am reluctant to do it.  

Edit:  stopped by my local Xfinity store and they said they can handle the entire process there so I won't have to deal with the mail-in hassles.

(edited)

1 Message

Hi,
My local store said they can not do the pick up or delivery in the store. Can you please update were you able to do it in the store. I just ordered and don't want to go through the whole process of stress and everything.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @fahadj45. I am sorry to hear you were not able to pick up at the local Xfinity Store. Are you trying to pick up a mobile device or Xfinity Internet or TV equipment? 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

11 months ago

Welcome to the Xfinity Mobile Trade-In [Edited: "Inflammatory"] Boat, sponsored by Peacock. Almost everybody who has traded in a phone via mail is going through the same thing and you won't be getting the credit without a fight. [Edited: "Inflammatory"].

(edited)

8 Messages

@imacat_IRL​ sadly am forced to agree...

8 Messages

How difficult is it for Xfinity Mobile to have all trade in's being done as a promotion go into their own warehouse and they check the phone and credit the customer and then send it ahead to Assurant. As a non customer facing vendor Assurant has nothing to loose and does not bother to update the system which is giving us customers extreme angst and Xfinity Mobile a bad name. Wonder what kind of an SLA Xfinity Mobile has with Assurant...

8 Messages

11 months ago

On 7/3, as a further follow up, visited the store where the entire transaction was done. Was in the store for well over an hour. They made various calls to different departments and teams but finally came up with nothing. Gave them the USPS tracking number and they confirmed Delivery. The told me trade in device was definitely at the warehouse but needed to be input into the system. I asked the Asst. Manager of the store (to be fair he was extremely helpful and put in a lot of effort into making the calls himself) wether I should return my new iPhone as my 14 days buyer's remorse period was ending soon but he once again assured me that within the week I would see the credits on my account and I definitely did not need to return the phone. I explained to him that I really could not afford a $830 phone and had only taken the phone because of the $600 trade in credit promotion which the same store had confirmed after checking my trade in phone. I finally left the store with a 100% guarantee from the Asst. Manager that I would receive my $600 credits.

1 Message

11 months ago

Found this because I was trying to figure out my own similar issue. Just a week ago I was online looking at trading my old iphone in for an iphone 14 on xfinity mobile's website and it said $600 credit over 24 months, decreasing my monthly payments by more than half to get a new phone. While I was thrilled with this, I was worried about possible issues getting a new phone up and running when I was entering a period of time where I was going to be using my phone a LOT (hard to explain, essentially I needed to be in call-based communication with quite a few different people and companies on time sensitive stuff...) so I refrained from turning my phone in at that time. Then today I was looking into it again and all xfinity is willing to give me now is an $80 check mailed to my house. Soo... I'm thinking I won't be trading my phone in after all and will just deal with it's low battery life and constant screen freezing until I can figure something else out. But... truly disappointing. I have no idea what changed in the past week to make my phone lose apparently $520 of value.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 months ago

This sounds so frustrating I can’t imagine! 
xfinity mobile being a whole different part of xfinity is something I didn’t realize before getting myself in a big mess with them. I understand how impossible it feels when you’ve called and spoken with them and get nowhere. Also, they sure love to promise a lot and can’t seem to ever follow through. 

1 Message

11 months ago

I am having the same problem.   My trade in was shipped 2 days after I got the mailing label.   I was supposed to get it there by August 6th.   They got it August 2nd.    Never got updated, now my trade in appears to have falling off the system.   It just says I owe $800 and they got my perfectly fine I-phone 13.   I want it to be fixed.    I just keep getting the oh don't worry about it , it will show up from the customer service lines.   I am worried about it.   I want my monthly credit.    

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_de9d3f, we appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried texting 888-936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where a Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

I purchased two phones under that promotion. I had the tracking results that the phone had been received and was wait for pick up. Counting the week it took almost three to get an email confirmation telling me the trade ins had been excepted. 

1 Message

@user_01ec2b​ I’m going through the same issue. I would have never gotten the phone if it wasn’t for the promotion. And it’s not even showing they received my trade in phone at all. But when i Check the tracking number it was received at the York PA address a while ago ugh 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @user_ihdc7x! We appreciate you taking time out of your day to reach out and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

2 Messages

10 months ago

I was trding in my old phone to get a promo of $800 towards a new one sent my tradein phone in which is in perfect condition 2 weeks later i get it back in the mail that says it is ineligable due to damage there is no damage on the phone what so ever ive veen tring to call to figure out what is going on no one seems to kno y it was considered damage and that it will get resolved and someone will call me back in 24 hours going on a week now been calling everydayand same thing someone will call u in 24 hours still no answer [Edited: "Language"] its all a scam to get u to get the new phone and pay full price 

(edited)

1 Message

9 months ago

I traded in my 2 phones 1 Iphone XR($600) and 1 Iphone 11($700) both phones were delivered on 10/10 and 10/14 but the trade in status never update.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I had a similar experience and had to wait a couple of weeks. They will credit from the first payment when processed. It took ours about a week to just arrive at Assurant. 

8 Messages

It generally takes anywhere from 2-3 weeks for the status to update after the phones arrive at the Assurant warehouse. It is a stressful wait but that just seems to be their system.

Official Employee

• 

726 Messages

@user_okv3dc Thanks for taking a moment to create a post on our Community Forums. I do apologize that due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We are unable to perform any device or account-specific requests over this platform, but I do want to ensure that you’re able to get in touch with the right team. Have you tried contacting our Xfinity Mobile team either by phone at 1-888-936-4968 or by chat using this link?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

Having similar issue trade in shows delivered but account shows nothing. Been on live chat now for almost 2hrs and nothing. My account says if not in by 11/3 the trade in is canceled. That sounds like they are stealing my old phone. Usps shows delivered but they don't show it. Super frustrating and disappointing.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@wmadison We definitley want to ensure that you don't run into any issues with your order being cancelled. Have you called into our Xfinity Mobile support line at 888-936-4968 for assistance with your trade in?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Unfortunately, I’ve had a similar frustrating experience with the $600 trade-in “promo”.  I spent 2 hours at an Xfinity store where they sold me a new phone and then assured me the $600 credit issue would be corrected within 1-2 weeks on the back end (technical issue) and I would be contacted about it.  I have a ticket number and have contacted support numerous times and been lied to almost every time and have not once got a call back about my ticket.  It is now over 3 months later and I don’t know what to do.  Before leaving the store, the service agent gave me a written account of everything he did so I have documentation.  Unfortunately, customer service is non-existent.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_ac7363, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

I understand your concern with the promotion, and want to help in any way I can. 

We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to give us the opportunity to help.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

9 months ago

I have this same issue also. Trade-in my phone in February, got an email in March from Xfinity Mobile stating they received my phone and my $650 credits should be applied soon with an email receipt. They all follow the same ITG's and tell me the same thing.

I still don't have any credits and they all keep telling me they will fix it. They also keep telling me to call Assurant and Assurant tells me its an Xfinity issue and a tier 2 agent can fix it. 7 months later I keep getting the same run-around with no credits. Now they are telling me an Xfinity store can fix this.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello matt96teg,

Very sorry to hear about this ongoing issue with the trade in. Did our team provide background on what in specific the Xfinity Store would do? I was also curious if our team had opened any tickets to research the issue? 

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ So far no one has setup a ticket. They were just pushing me off for someone else could deal with me. They said go to an Xfinity store and then the chat ended (not the first time, last time chat ended when they said call Assurant).

They keep saying my phone hasn't been received but I have an email with receipt number  from Xfinity Mobile saying my phone was received (back in March).

I've called Assurant 4 times and same answer , since I got email from Xfinity Mobile confirming receipt of phone its and Xfinity issue .

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Gotcha! Normally in that situation there would be an investigation opened with the shipping carrier. Do you know if that had happened? Thank you! 

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

Well, no because I have an email from Xfinity Mobile stating they received my phone and my $650 credits should be applied soon . It's not lost or missing. That was March 14th.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Oh my! Let's get some research done on what is happening. Appreciate all of your time with this matt96teg.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same problem here with me I traded mine 7/19/2023 up to now I still have my old phone with me, promised a $600 trade in value, keep coming back at xfinity store but they can’t help me 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

The trade in has to be part of the purchase confirmation. If it was you would have received an email confirmation of the trade with instructions on where to send. 

2 Messages

@user_81kkbb​ 

I finally got confirmation almost 2 weeks after my trade in arrived.  I chatted with Xfinity at least once about it

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_81kkbb We definitley want to ensure you get the assistance you need on this. I would recommend reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile partners over the phone or via chat for further assistance with your trade in. 

1 Message

8 months ago

I am having a similar issue. I traded in an iPhone for a $700 credit back in July. On August 9th I received the email that my trade in was accepted and in good condition and I will receive my credits. It is now almost December and I have yet to receive my credits. I have spent hour and hours on the phone with support and made 2 trips to the store and getting nowhere. I have a case number and last week when at the store the employee told me that nobody has touched the case that has been open for over a month. I will never trade in a device to Xfinity after this experience. I’ve been with them for 5+ years and when this phone is paid off I am leaving. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey there @mrunowho, thank you for including so much detail in your comment, that helps a ton. $700 is no small amount to go unnoticed, and I'd be upset too if I didn't receive that credit. I'd love a chance to work with you and get this figured out. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here