SgtHowl's profile

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Friday, September 6th, 2024 6:53 PM

"SIM Pairing"

Somehow, as I was attempting to transfer service from my old Pixel 6 to my new Pixel 9, I apparently mistakenly managed to pair the two eSIMs in my new phone. My Devices page for my new phone includes this: 

"SIM pairing complete. GARY's SIM is now paired with a different device. All network-related features will apply to that device. All billing-related functions — such as device upgrades and monthly payments — are still paired with the original device. View paired device"

The IMEI number listed on the Devices page is IMEI #1 for my new phone, while the IMEI number listed for the "paired device" is IMEI #2 for the same new phone.

I tried chatting with an agent about this, but apparently, it's an unusual situation. My phone is working OK, but I would like to make sure this will not cause problems. Appreciate your thoughts.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

22 days ago

SgtHowl Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

@XfinityBrianH​ Done, thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here