KarlWS's profile

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, February 7th, 2024 8:19 PM

Closed

"Ready to connect your service?"

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S23+, online (from Xfinity), to replace my Samsung Galaxy S9+. It's been successfully activated since mid-January, but I keep getting notifications generated by the Setup Wizard to, "Visit xfinitymobile.com/activate or give us a call at 1-888-936-4968 to finish setting up your phone." On my account, it shows as already activated. My S9+ is no longer listed there. I cannot turn off notifications for Setup Wizard, though I can swipe away these notifications that arbitrarily keep popping up. It's aggravating, though, as the phone is working fine. A similar notification appeared on my old phone, as well, until I disabled the Setup Wizard package, entirely, with a 3rd party app that doesn't work on my new phone. On the S9+, I couldn't even swipe it away; it was stuck on the notification panel. Since the notification references the Xfinity Mobile number and website, can't it be turned off from that end? Something is triggering the unnecessary and unwanted notifications.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 months ago

Here's what I get when I try to disable the notifications for Setup Wizard...

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Here's another. I also tried removing/reinserting the SIM card, which made no difference.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@KarlWS Thanks for those screenshots and reaching out to us. I'm wondering if the system hasn't caught up to the account changes that were made. Have you tried powering cycling your phone by turning it off for 1-2 minutes and power your device back on? 

Can you also check to see if you have any updated available for your device? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I am having same issue and it is draining battery power...

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 months ago

It's been powered off/on, several times since 1/19/24. If I click on the notification, it takes me to My Account devices, which shows my new S23+; my S9+ is long gone. There's no option to do anything, there, to fully activate the device, and connect to the service. I just got another identical notification upon restarting the device. BTW, I got a security software update, this morning.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

I've just posted to the DM area. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

Thank you so much for providing that information! Our team here has limited access to your mobile account, but I can get a ticket opened t have one of our Xfinity Mobile experts reach out to you about the issue. Can I please get the mobile number for the phone that is having the issue? 

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

<Edited for PII> is my mobile number.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

8 months ago

There's no way to disable the Setup Wizard. I disabled Android Setup, yesterday, but the notification returned today, so I re-enabled it.

4 Messages

7 months ago

I started receiving the message just over a week ago. I cannot seem to permanently get rid of this message. I swipe right and it's gone until I restart my phone (which is every week). Has anyone found a fix?

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@Seuss007​ 

It's on my new s24plus as well and won't go away. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @Johnb51, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. Here's a link to our Xfinity Mobile website https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Hello to all that have the ready to connect notification that keeps coming back. The Xfinity store told me to turn on the wifi calling button which when I did, got rid of the message for good. You will have to keep your wifi turned on to have the wifi calling button turn on.

4 Messages

7 months ago

The only way I get rid of it is swiping right, but it is back when I restart my phone.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@Seuss007​ 

Try shutting off your phone for a few minutes and turn it back on.  Ever since I did that, I haven't gotten it again.  

4 Messages

Tried it. It was gone for a week, but now it's back.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, Seuss007! Have you already tried to reach out to the Xfinity Mobile Team? I recommend reaching out to our Xfinity Mobile experts. I am confident they will be able to help you with this matter. Thank you.

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I have had my Samsung S22 for over two years. I started getting this message and my phone was NOT connected after the Android update earlier this year and it repeated again today. When I called the number on the message earlier this year I got the worthless Comcast bot. After nearly exhausting my stock of expletives on the bot I got a real human who suggested restarting my phone or switching to Airplane Mode for a few minutes. Cycling to Airplane mode today got rid of the message and reconnected my phone. This is more than annoying and is indicative of the poor customer service that Comcast provides.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_d62d3d Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you are being impacted with the network not connecting, but happy to hear that setting it to airplane mode and back fixed the issue. I'm also sorry that it took so much time to reach someone who could help troubleshoot the issue. Please know that if you need help with an issue, you can reach out to us here. Create a post in out customer service section to a prompt response. 

1 Message

BOOM - that worked for me!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

Having the same issue here on S23 Ultra. Airplane mode, power cycle, and swiping it only get rid of it until the next reboot. 

4 Messages

I haven't tried the "Airplane Mode" method, but I bet it will be gone for a week and back the week after, at best. But I'll try it.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

@2_Cents​ 

Try totally shutting phone off, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on.  I have the s24plus and it did it constantly when i would just restart it and swiped it off.  Once I shut it off and left it off for a few minutes and turned it back on, it never showed back up.  

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

2_Cents Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

1 Message

5 months ago

same issue with my S23, and happens after EVERY update pushed out by Xfinity mobile

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Hi,  my phone no longer displays that ready to connect your service message. After the most recent software update last week, I receive the signal stronger from Xfinity and so the message has stopped.   When it happens turn on  airplane mode, the message will disappear wait a few seconds them turn it off.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_hsd8ez I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as powering cycling your phone by turning it off for 1-2 minutes and turning your device back on? We also recommend checking to see if there are any new software updates available for your device. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here