U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2024 5:51 PM

RE: Xfinity Won't unlock my phone

I am having the same problem! I have been trying to switch carriers since I have had a lot of trouble with receiving incoming calls on Xfinity mobile (people would tell me they called and I would have no record of it on my phone). I was told on 2/16 that my device would be unlocked in one week and my device payments would be waived. Then two days ago I was told it would be another 24 hours. Then yesterday I was told it would take 2-3 more hours and it would be unlocked by 8:30 pm. When it wasn't and I called again I was told I had to pay off the device first. So I did pay off the device and was told it would be another 24-48 hours and that I would receive an email when it was unlocked. This morning I received an email from Xfinity saying it was unlocked, but after trying multiple times and contacting my new service provider I learned it was still locked. I received another email from Xfinity saying they were unable to process the request to unlock the phone. I have been in contact with Xfinity since then and have gotten a bunch of mixed responses, from telling me again that it would be unlocked within 24 hours to telling me that it won't be unlocked until March. I don't get how so many Xfinity mobile representatives are allowed to lie to customers, especially when it's something this important. It's now been over a week for me without any cell service.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 months ago

user_3ea4e0 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here