Stein-97's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

26 Messages

Monday, February 12th, 2024 1:14 AM

Closed

Ooma to Xfinity

I been trying to port from ooma to xfinity for a week now, online\chat and  live agent have yielded nothing.

The error we are getting is 1P=Other which basically means that the porting carrier didn't share the actual porting error with your service provider.

Can I go into a Xfinity Store and have them try and port the number?

thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

26 Messages

7 months ago

I ended up porting the number to numberbarn.com and then I had numberbarn.com contact Xfinity to port the number.

Just a heads up for anyone going through this issue, if you are getting 1P=Other have Xfinity cancel the port and then try it again. Resubmitting the port does not work or clear the error.

THanks

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @Stein-97,

Thanks for visiting our official Xfinity Forums community support page. Thanks for sharing your experience and how you were able to get the phone number ported over. This information is invaluable and sure to help others that may stumble upon it. If you happen to need any other assitance, please let us know. We are always available and happy to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

It's a pain, but it's possible to port directly from Ooma to Xfinity Mobile.  Here is the information Xfinity needs to use when requesting the port:

Number to be ported:  (your number without the leading 1, for example: 2223334444)
End User Name:  (your name in Ooma account)
Auth Name: (your name in Ooma account)       
Address:  (your address in Ooma account)
Account Number: (your phone number with leading 1, for example: 12223334444)
PIN:  0000 or 1234
Carrier:  Sinch Voice
The key detail is "Auth Name" which triggers Xfinity to use their "Advanced Tool" instead of standard.  I called several times and Xfinity kept trying to use their standard tool and it kept failing.  Finally, got a rep who understood and submitted with "Auth Name" included using the "Advanced Tool".  That worked and after several days the port was successful.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here