U

Tuesday, January 9th, 2024 4:49 PM

Closed

New phone trade-in credit

Mid-October I ordered 2 new iphones for existing lines on my acct. Upon sending in my old phones, I was to receive a $700 trade-in credit -- applied monthly for 2 years. I sent both phones in. Per USPS tracking, both were received by Xfinity. I received the trade-in credit for one.  The other is in limbo somewhere. I've had 4 conversations with 4 different reps. A ticket was opened mid-November, but every time I call there has been no movement, let alone resolution, on my ticket. Each time, the rep gives me a manual monthly credit and says the 'back end team' will resolve it soon. Well yesterday I was on the phone with a rep for an hour and half trying to get this resolved. She really spent a lot of time with some other teams trying to figure out the issue. They could not figure out why I did not receive the $700 as I am eligible. They said it was some glitch in the system. The resolution was for me to call in every month for 2 years to get the credit manually applied to my account -- which is an absolute ridiculous request. I asked for a check or a one-time $700 credit and neither were possible. I asked for them to figure out how the credit can be automatically applied and that was not possible. The rep really did try and I am not faulting her. But to make the customer call in every month for the credit is absurd. I'm posting this here because I am unable to find any way to escalate my issue for resolution. Hoping someone knows how I can escalate or someone from Xfinity sees this and can help.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

9 months ago

@user_tre0eg thank you for your post and for letting us know about your situation. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. I know you have already called, but have you tried to text or chat with an agent in mobile? 

Text Message: 888-936-4968
Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

2 Messages

Thanks for your reply. Yes I chatted early on…twice… but when I got no where I moved to calling. Do you think a chat or text would be better? I’d really like a corporate phone number or email to escalate this to.

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here