U

Thursday, November 23rd, 2023 3:59 PM

Closed

Network Unlock Code

Our phone was paid off over two years ago. According to your website, the unlock happens when the phone is paid in full. Why is the phone still locked? We submitted a ticket on 11/21 & was told we would receive the unlock code within 48 hours. The 48 hours are up & no unlock code. We called back & have now been told it will take up the 5 business days. It feels like Xfinity is holding our (paid) device hostage as punishment for leaving them due to their own poor business practices. A complaint to the FCC will be filed today & I advise everyone having an issue getting their phones unlocked to file a complaint as well. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

11 months ago

Hi there! Our awesome Digital care team can help! Please send us a [Modmail message](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=/r/Comcast_Xfinity) with your full name, account holders name (if different), and service address as it appears on the bill, so we can help.

2 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ it's been taken care of. I submitted a complaint to the FCC on 11/23 at 10:15am. I received a response from the FCC on 11/24 at 10:48am informing me that Xfinity has been contacted about my complaint. A representative from the Xfinity Mobile Executive Resolution team left a vm for me the same day at 2:42pm & followed up with an email at 2:44pm. I received a call from a very nice rep at 6:21pm providing me with my network unlock code as well as an unfreeze code. So to those having issues getting your phone unlocked, go to the link I posted above & contact the FCC. Xfinity will unlock your device within 24 hours.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here