U

Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 11:11 AM

Closed

Mobile device promotion

In July 2023 I saw on my Xfinity app that I was eligible for a new phone promotion offered if I traded in my current iPhone.  The offer stated that current customers were eligible. When I entered in my phone being traded the app  showed I would receive $700 off on an iPhone 13 if I traded in my wife’s iPhone XR. It showed I would get a credit each month of approximately $30 off the device payment provided I remained with Xfinity for two years and thus save $700 on the device.  I went into an Xfinity store in Austell, GA to get the phone where I was assured I was eligible. I was shown on a tablet what my bill each month would now be with the credit applied which added less than $10 to my current $64 bill. When I received my next bill, it included a $30 charge for the new phone with no credit applied. I received an $80 trade in check for the iPhone XR  in the mail but none of the $700 promotional credits.  I have since called customer service many times and gone to their store multiple times to get the error corrected. Everyone assured me each time that they had resolved it and it would show up on my next statement with a credit received for my overpayments already made. This has continued now for over three months with no credit to my bill. I finally reached  a supervisor in their billing department and asked if I could stop paying the extra $30 dollars each month since it was an error and she assured me my account would then immediately be sent to collections. I only upgraded because I was offered a promotion. It’s starting to look like I will never get the promotion I was offered. What do I need to do to get this corrected?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

11 months ago

@user_7xv4bh Due to account security with Xfinity Mobile we don't have access to the Xfinity Mobile accounts. I understand that you have already called in several times. Have you also tried visiting our Xfinity Mobile assistant page, where we have support available thorough chat as well: https://comca.st/3vkGv93.

2 Messages

Xfinity resolved the issue. 

1 Message

9 months ago

Same here we bought a iPhone e 13 on May 2023 with a $400 off promotion that phone was paid off on august 2023 and now is 2024 they keep charging the device I call customer service and they keep telling me they cant apply any promotions I don’t have a promo I have to pay the hole amount of the iPhone 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_2bkvee, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Did you ever receive the initial $400 promotion or are you saying you can't do a new trade in promotion? If it is the second part, you can check out the trade in offers and restrictions here. By the promotion you like, there will be a details button. You mentioned you have called in, have you talked with their chat support here?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here