mom_time's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, February 14th, 2024 4:23 PM

I was forced to change my password. Now I can't connect to Outlook on my mobile phone.

I see that many other have had the same issue.
When I try to open Outlook on my Android phone I am directed to the IMAP configuration.
I followed the directions on the configuration settings, and I continue to get an incorrect password message and can go no further.

I can access the Outlook application directly on my PC.

This problem only started after the breach issue.
I have gone to the Infinity store and worked directly with the staff there.
I have uninstalled and installed the application multiple times and have spent countless hours trying to remedy the situation.

The 'Allow third party' is checked on the Outlook application.

I am using Advanced Settings on my phone.

The Incoming Mail Server IMAP configuration is set on the posted number indicated on instructions.  imap.comcast.net  portXXX

Security type SSL/LS

My comcast.net email address is being used as the IMAP User Name.

IMAP Password

The Outgoing Mail Server Port number is set on the posted number on the instructions.  smtps.comcast.net  port XXX
Security type SSL/LS

My comcast.net email address is being used as the SMTP User Name.

ISMTP Password

Please help resolve this. This has been going on for over 24 hours at this point.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 months ago

I have also cleared my cache.

I can get to my email through the Xfinity website on my cell phone, but it is much more convenient going through Outlook.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 months ago

I was able to resolve my issue by going to Best Buy and the Geek Squad resolved my issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey there @mom_time thanks for activley usng our Forums. We are happy to hear you were able to get this solved. If you do not mind us asking can you share what they did to get this working? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here