U

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 5:45 AM

Fraudulent Phone Order & Line Setup

Today my account was fraudulently accessed and a new phone line ordered, resulting in a charge to my bank account that was completely unauthorized by me.  According to the 4th representative I spoke to while creating a case, the order was placed on the phone using my name and other information. On top of it, the order shipped via FedEx and was requested to be picked up at a location not in my home city!  I was told there was no way the order could be canceled or intercepted and that it could take up to 30 days to investigate and resolve. How this was possible is beyond comprehension, when there are supposedly so many security layers involved to prevent something so intrusive. I am beyond disappointed that XFinity could allow this to happen without immediate recourse!

Official Employee

• 

782 Messages

5 months ago

Hello @user_dwtg07. We take security very serious here at Xfinity. We would like to take a closer look into this and see what is going on. 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

This just happened to me 24 Feb 24 and not one Xfinity rep has been able to assist. [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_vfe02d 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 months ago

I'm also a victim of a fraudulent mobile account. Talked to several representatives. No one knows what they are doing at this company. Why am I being charged for something I never received or requested? Shame on you Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

Hey, user13_itl6ac! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you have been running into with trying to get this Xfinity Mobile issue resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried  reaching out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here