U

Sunday, October 1st, 2023 6:46 AM

Closed

Empty box- case going on for over 4 weeks

I ordered and iPhone 14 several weeks ago. FedEx delivered. Did not require a signature as was requested. Got home, and the box was just left at the door. Opened it and it was empty. Called several times over the course of this month and keep being told either the ticket is being worked on or it has been resolved. 

Received a text message stating the ticket was resolved and then received an email requesting that I submit a copy of a police report and photo of empty box. I don’t have the box anymore since it’s been over a month since I originally told Xfinity the box was empty. I wish someone had told me to file a police report from the beginning since it’s been almost over a month and I’m filing a police report on an incident that didn’t just occur. 

Also everyone I speak with at Xfinity doesn’t speak English and keeps referring to the phone as lost. If Xfinity is aware this keeps happening to their customers why are they having us do all of the work to file the police report and they are conducting an internal investigation with the shipper or in their warehouse. Is this a scam? The phone was also activated without my consent and a number that I did NOT request was added to my account. 

And why is this device still showing on my account as requiring payment when it’s obvious I don’t have the phone and need this removed from my account. I have 2 other lines with Xfinity and ordered a iPhone 15 (that I hope actually makes it to me). I am on the brink of contacting the Better Business Bureau because this is completely unacceptable. 

I need this phone removed from my account and my payment for the phone to be returned asap. This is my first experience with Xfinity and I am very disappointed in the way things are going. 

10 Messages

1 year ago

Have you received an update on this?

8 Messages

Hello! Yes, the phone was successfully removed from my account! *****update ***** the phone service payments were removed but the payments for the actual phone is still coming out of my account. I am now being told that my case was closed because I didn’t send a picture of the empty box back in September and didn’t send a copy of a police report. I filed a complaint with the consumer financial protection bureau and my attorney general. It seems Xfinity is aware phones are being stolen in the warehouse but is trying to make their customers pay for them and marking them as “lost”  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_kv4tzj Thanks for the update! Glad to know the phone was successfully removed from your account. As a reminder chnages to your bill generally reflect on the next billing statement.  Did you have any additional questions or need more support for anything? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

1 year ago

hello everyone! Update…. The phone has been successfully removed from my account. 👍🏽

1 Message

11 months ago

I am in agreement with you, the same thing happened to me and if I don't get a resolution asap, I will have my lawyer contact Xfinity Mobile.  Xfinity Mobile seem to have their business outsourced to  non-English speaking agents and it is very nerve wrecking when they really don't understand the severity of a customer's concern. Then when you ask for an American speaking agent, they become oblivious to your request.  I need this phone removed from my account and I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau as well.    

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hey there @user_eed8es ! Have you been able to get this issue resolved with the XFINITY Mobile team? If not, Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address, so we can assist. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

10 months ago

This happened to me for the same phone and I am still seeing this on not bill. They are stating that because I did not send a police report I am still liable for a phone that was not in the box. I think they are running a scam 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here