U

Monday, July 22nd, 2024 7:47 PM

Cannot activate Flip 6

I purchased an unlocked Flip 6 from Samsung during pre-order as I always do and I cannot get it activated on Xfinity. I have been round and round with both Samsung and Xfinity and each blames it on the other. Samsung tells me to change carriers, Xfinity tells me to buy a phone from them (but the deal during the preorder and the value on my current phone with Samsung is better). Is there any official response from Xfinity about why we cannot activate the Flip 6?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 months ago

I am on my 3rd or 4th phone where I have dealt with the same thing.   My new Fold6 is also listed as not compatible, though fully unlocked.  My Fold4 did the same, my note20, same story.  

It is usually 3-6 months before Xfinity gets unlocked Samsung devices working with their system.  I still cant believe it!

Each time I have eventually been able to switch, but it takes forever, and has required continual check ins with Xfinity.   

While it will PROBABLY work to just switch the simcard (if you are not using esim), it might also lock your account out of service.

I post here, then wait it out.   The Samsung preorders are a great deal compared to other options, and for the last 2 phones, Xfinity did not offer the same storage options that I wanted.

5 Messages

@GLFuller​ Months! I have to return my phone to Samsung in early August! I will have to find another provider if that is the case. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

I hear ya.   I just IM'd the folks that finally helped me last time.  Due to my prior experiences with both the Note 10, and the fold 4, I started taking the smaller trade in by not sending in my current phone, and instead sending the one before that.  This year I kept the fold4 and sent back the older Note20  If I get any decent responses from the staff that I IM's I will post here with updates.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 months ago

here is what I got from one of their tech guys last time I dealt with this in 2022.

Hey Mr. Fuller. Sorry for your frustration. I just checked your IMEI on our back-end systems and found the code from your Z Fold4 model was missing because we didn't receive it from Samsung. I have now added it and it should work. I am showing it as compatible now.

Not sure why the online check is showing as not compatible. I will open an internal ticket to check. But when I check from the tool that stores use it shows compatible. And your phone's code was missing and I added it so it should work

1 Message

3 months ago

Same issue, I waited for the release date (not having a phone for a few days was kinda nice) So today I checked and the imie number showed not compatible. I checked the esim number and it showed it was compatible. So removed the sim card and opted for an esim. You guessed it, would not activate. Working with support after several attempts they said the phone was on the stolen list and they would have to have it removed, another 7 day wait which I can't go that long with piece and quit. So my solution was Verizon offers a 30 day free trial with no CC needed. I was up and running in minutes. So the issue is Xfinity but now they have 30 days before I change providers.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

I was told a couple years ago, that I would need to make several updates/changes to my account to ever move to esim, not sure exactly why, but it has to do with my existing active phone and the old one the system still lists as my device.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello user_bufdpk

Was the device initially purchased from Samsung unlocked and not connected to any specific service provider? Thank you very much for getting us in the loop to help. 

5 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ Yes it was. I double checked with Samsung. However, my device still shows as not compatible, but the sim card started working today. Not sure what that's all about. But it's working for now.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

I'm glad to hear that the sim card started working today @user_bufdpk. Would you like for us to check in with you in a couple of days to make sure it's still working properly? We want to make sure that any issues don't pop back up and if so, make sure they get addressed properly. 😀

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

That would be great. I'll let you know on this thread if something happens. I'm worried about the phone not being compatible but it working anyway. I might get locked out or something. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Sounds great! We will follow back up with you in a few days. Let us know if you need anything else in the meantime. We are happy to help! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 months ago

They said 24 to 72 hours, there working on the known issue, back end technicians working on it. Gavevme 45 dollar credit. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

any news from comcast ?

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@GLFuller​ thank you for taking time out of your day to reach out on this post. I completely understand looking for an update on the Flip 6 activation. I found a Reddit post, that shows after the July 24th release date that there has been success with the device activations: https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxyzflip/comments/1e7mb2p/unlocked_flip_6_incompatible_with_xfinity/

Reviewing the thread, it looks like you may need to work directly with the Xfinity Mobile support experts. There are some other troubleshooting steps outlined by customers they took from their end as well. Have you attempted to contact the Xfinity Mobile support experts by calling or texting 1-888-936-4968 or through the Xfinity Mobile assistant:

https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here