ariganguly's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 12th, 2024 6:27 PM

Bought Apple watch using $300 rewards. BUT never realized that I am GETTING CHARGED $23 per month.Paying premium for a supposed free watch?

Back in November or December of 2023, I used Xfinity Rewards (platinum) to use $300 towards buying an Apple watch SE. The agent at the shop was very condescending but I avoided confrontation and ordered my watch with her using the code (which i kept a copy of in screenshots).

Last month i was reviewing my statement and realized I am paying $13 and $10 for a FREE WATCH?

I called and was transferred to India call center who were of no help and said this is what it is.

Xfinity/comcast, put yourself in my shoes. I am a consumer with a $300 coupon and have been billed $23 per month for the last 5 months. I cannot charge back, or complain since no one is listening.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

6 months ago

Hello @ariganguly, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the charges, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Comcast Business”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

3 months ago

This happened to me too.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_ru2zxw Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to assist you with your inquiring about a watch promotion. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 months ago

If you purchase a watch through Xfinity they add on a $10 smart watch plan. I'm not 100% sure if you can just cancel the watch plan. It sounds like the extra $13 is to pay off the remaining balance of the watch if it was more than the $300 reward. I was tempted to get the Apple Ultra 2 watch which is $800. So if it deducts $300 there's still a $500 balance. So Xfinity would take the remaining amount and make it into 24 monthly payments of $20.83/month plus the $10 smart watch fee. I'd be paying an extra $30.83/month on top of my Xfinity mobile plan.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 months ago

Copy and pasted the terms and conditions below. Sounds like the worst case if you cancel the line is they accelerate payment on whatever is left on the device payment plan. Something doesn't add up though. Even if you picked the 45mm SE it's only $329 so I don't know where the $13 per month for 5 months thus far is coming from. You can check your account for my devices for the status of how many payments are left but something seems off. Are you sure the $300 coupon was ever applied? It sounds like you had a straight checkout for an SE on device payment plan with no discount. 

Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas.

Offer ends 9/21/24. Limited to Xfinity Rewards Diamond and Platinum tier members with Xfinity Mobile 18+ with account in good standing while supplies last. Xfinity Mobile requires Xfinity Internet. Must enter offer code during checkout to receive advertised discount. One unique, single use code per customer. Requires purchase and activation of new, eligible smartwatch device, while supplies last, a 24-month Xfinity Mobile Device Payment Plan Agreement ("Device Agreement"), and activation of new Xfinity Mobile line within 30 days of phone purchase date. When smartwatch is paired to compatible phone, data usage counts towards phone plan data allowance. Additional $10 monthly smartwatch fee applies. Pricing subject to change. Additional taxes and fees apply. Applicable taxes for the full smartwatch amount are charged when smartwatch is shipped (or when smartwatch is fulfilled in a Xfinity retail store) and are in addition to the monthly charge. Device credits applied monthly to your account over 24 months so long as Device Agreement is in effect. If line is canceled, voluntarily or involuntarily or device payments are accelerated, balance of credits associated with device payment are forfeited. Not valid with prior purchases, returns or exchanges. Back orders are eligible. Out of stock devices are not eligible. Cannot be combined with other device offers.

Line limitations may apply. Equip., intl. and roaming charges, taxes and fees, including reg. recovery fees, and other charges extra, and subj. to change. $25/mo. charge applies if Xfinity TV, Internet or Voice post-pay services not maintained. Pricing subject to change. During times of network congestion, your cellular data speeds may be slower temporarily. After monthly data use threshold for a line is exceeded, speeds are reduced until the billing cycle ends. A minimum $20.00 charge applies per month, per account for By the Gig lines, regardless of data usage. Charges apply to each GB or partial GB of shared data. No rollover data. For Xfinity Mobile Broadband Disclosures visit: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/policies/broadband-disclosures.

1 Message

16 days ago

This happened to my husband last week while I wasn’t around. He called Xfinity to have a tech come out to splice a line that was cut by our landscaper. This line had been sitting on our ground for 9 months because Xfinity never came out to bury it. The representative offered him a free Apple Watch for his inconvenience, so he accepted it. it arrived a couple of days later and then the emails started to activate it. I ignored them because I didn’t intend to use cellular data for it. We would just use Bluetooth to pair it with his phone (same as his old watch he recently lost). Then a rep called to activate it for us and I told him I didn’t have an interest in a data plan. It was at that time that I found out there was a $10 a month smart watch fee for data that was added to our plan. We told him we no longer wanted this “free” watch and would send it back ASAP. I sent it back yesterday to them, one week after receiving it.

In our case, the Apple Watch SE was $300, so broken down as $12.50 a month for 24 months. I think our future bills would have shown a $12.50 fee for the watch, a $10 fee for the data plan, and a $12.50 credit for the “free” watch.  Over 24 months, this watch would cost us $240 in data plan my retired husband wouldn’t need because he’s home 99% of the time. As we had no interest in paying them $10 a month forever, I will just buy a watch from a different retailer who won’t gouge us.

I think it’s predatory to offer a free product with strings like this that aren’t better explained. Xfinity made it sound like it was free and clear and a gesture to make up for the inconvenience of having our cable line unburied for almost a year. No thank you, you can have your watch back.  Plus, it’s a 40mm model and my husband is 6’-2” and 325 lbs.  The watch was tiny on his wrist and he sport band barely closed.  He looked like he was wearing a ladies watch, TBH.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

89 Messages

15 days ago

If you don’t mind me interjecting here, I, too got my Apple Watch SE using rewards. 

The $10 smart watch fee was made clear before purchase. It covers the data usage. However, if you closely check your bill, you will find that the $12.49 monthly charge is offset by a $12.49 promo credit. Every single month. You’re not being charged that monthly fee but it guess it’s Xfinity’s way of showing the payments as they’re  processed.

Believe me, I check my bill very closely because I’m not paying for anything I shouldn’t be charged for. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here