R

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Friday, December 1st, 2023 4:48 PM

Closed

Android 14 update

Android 14 has been out for weeks now. Are we getting it?

1 Message

8 months ago

Update Android  14 Samsung Galaxy A54 5G..when?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

8 months ago

Hello @roland_s, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to give us the opportunity to help.

Here's a link to our Xfinity Mobile website https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

@XfinityKrista​ 

I tried calling and all the operators are busy for "up to 25 minutes." 

Again, when are we getting Android 14?  Simple question...

Official Employee

• 

687 Messages

We don't have access to mobile accounts here. Mobile updates are not released or controlled by us. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@roland_s they have to make everything difficult, call us, text us, blah blah blah. Did you ever get an answer?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

No sorry to say.  Dealing with them is like talking to a brick wall...  By the way there is a security update that I didn't get either. Security update is for a zero day virus. Very important. Still waiting.

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

@Nox34​ You know another beef that I have on this board is that people who claim that they work for Xfinity they never work for your problem they always work for another problem they always work in another department. It's very frustrating.  We need people on the board who can answer people's questions and not direct them to some other voicemail thing where nobody picks up. Customer service is zero.

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

8 months ago

Well, still waiting. There has to be somebody who knows something. Calling the 800 number is useless. On hold they don't answer. It would be nice if somebody on the board could get some answers for us. Again slow waiting!

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

@roland_s Hello! Unfortuantely, we have no new updates regarding the Android 14 update to share at this time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

Other carriers are getting the Android 14 for their galaxy s21, but I haven't recieved mine. 

Was wondering if you'll be putting it out soon. I know how it works. Samsung sends it to you guys(carriers) then they put Tybee touch to it. Once it's stable it's sent out to the phones. 

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Problem is that Xfinity takes Years to do that. 

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

8 months ago

Don't hold your breath. I just got the Nov. 1 update day before yesterday. 

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@ckmotorka I'm happy to hear that you were able to get that update! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Happy that I got the November update in mid-December? Sounds about right. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

If you are running into any issue with your Mobile service and updates @ckmotorka you can reach out to the Mobile team directly at the https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile site. 

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

7 months ago

Hello XfinityFrank, The update has been out for many weeks now. Don't tell me that you don't have the update. I don't understand why all the other carriers give their customers the update right away. Why does xfinity wait months to get the update that everybody gets a long time ago?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

I was also eagerly awaiting the update for Android 14 on my S23 Ultra. While it was released in other countries far before it was released in the United States, even after it was released in the United States, it wasn't for a few weeks after that initial release that my phone was able to detect or download the update available. It was stated to be pushed out in October, I didn't get it on mine until mid-November.

From what I can find online, the release for S21 is only currently available in Europe. Releases for updates to software and operating systems are all controlled by the manufacturer and we have no ability to modify the release or expedite it. I encourage you to watch for updates regularly as we are also eagerly awaiting this update for the S21 Ultra phone in my home. Please keep in mind that models can also alter the release date. The Ultra may be available before the Plus is and/or before the flagship model. The S21 FE looks to start getting the release in some areas, not all, but some in the United States. Again, these dates are all determined and pushed out by Samsung.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

Except that when you posted this it had already been released to Verizon US for about ten days. 

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Yeah, we're the last to get it! 

Contributor

• 

136 Messages

7 months ago

I got the Anroid 14/OneUI 6 update this morning. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@requa​ I also received it this morning, S22 ultra through xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Who did you have to bribe to get it?  (Only half joking.)

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

7 months ago

Wow, stop the presses!!!

I just got the security patch level December 1, 2023!  FANTASTIC, now where's Android 14 and OneUi 6???

Getting updates from Xfinity is like pulling teeth!  What the heck is taking so long?

3 Messages

@roland_s​ when I got it at first I thought it was gonna be the Android 14.

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Waa waa wee waa!  Hallelujah, praise the lord!  What do I see downloading right now?  I think this is the big one Elizabeth!  Android/Samsung gods have smiled upon me!    Yes, I FINALLY got it!  Thank you lord.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

7 months ago

Hey, dont feel soo bad, I switched over to Xfinity with my S21+ in February and have never received a security update. I was with ATT where I did get updates with phone. It still says Dec 22. When I try to do Software Update, its says "Your software is up to date". Ugh

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

What kills me is that there are "official" Xfinity personnel who come on the board and say "I am not in the mobile group so you have to click or call here."  What BS.  This instead of someone from mobile coming on and telling us exactly what is going to happen and when.  Simple eh?  Not for Xfinity...  How hard is it to give us a timeline? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

7 months ago

I wish there was someone who could figure out why my phone wont get any updates (Does it need Xfinity firmware). Xfinity tells me to talk to Samsung support, Samsung tells me to go to a We-Fix-it store with no help.

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

That's the same problem I had. When I asked why I wasn't getting any updates they said to talk to Samsung when I call Samsung they said talk to Xfinity. Both of them just give you the runaround. But I'm happy. Got Android 14 and one UI6. right now I'm in heaven. I hope you get your issues solved. I know it's a bummer and you keep getting the run around. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

7 months ago

I just checked and the update was available. Installed with no problems. 12/21 6pm.

1 Message

7 months ago

I'm not sure what's going on with my phone then, honesty I have been pretty unhappy with Xfinity overall. My last security patch was 10/1/23 and I cant update to UI6. It's an Xfinity branded S22 ultra. It's 12/27 and I really can't get any help on something that should have been done awhile ago. It's like Xfinity strives to be the most awful customer service company out there. 

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Well, the S22 Ultra should have been upgraded before my S21 5G!  Yeah, something's not right here.  Did you change any of the settings by chance?  Did you get the phone from Xfinity or did you bring it over from another vendor?

Xfinity will do everything in their power not to transfer you to a human, and when they do, it's the wrong division.  Good luck, I hope you get the update soon.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @NateinMS. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to update your mobile device.

I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Just answer the question - When will my Samsung S22 Ultra on Xfinity Mobile be upgraded to Android 14 One UI 6? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Xfinity did the same thing with the last update They were the last ones to release it. They suck

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

7 months ago

Well, let's see how fast we get OneUI 6.1.  Hope we're not the last to get that too!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here