U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 19th, 2023 12:43 AM

Closed

Xfinity doorbell tv volume

When the Xfinity doorbell gets rung my tv goes silent and only way to get volume is turn the channel on live tv or turn off saved program on DVR and turn it back on. Very annoying. How can this be fixed?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_b01775 Hello, thanks for the post! Interesting issue going on here. What kind of troubleshooting have you done so far? 

2 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ what is the solution to this problem?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Having the same issue. Tried resetting and power cycling all devices. What else do you suggest?

Thanks

2 Messages

10 months ago

Just got this doorbell and it is doing the same thing.  Is there a resolution?

Official Employee

• 

766 Messages

Hey there, @user_6lo5ut! I am sorry to hear about the experience with the Xfinity Doorbell, it certainly is not what we want for our customers. Have you attempted to restart the Doorbell via the Xfinity App? Have you completed any troubleshooting steps? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

10 months ago

We have had the doorbell connected for almost a year and noticed this same thing started happening a few weeks ago. 

Tried following the advice above to restart the doorbell via the Xfinity app but not seeing how to do that via the app. Any guidance would be appreciated. 

2 Messages

Update - testing the internet connection to the doorbell, although the app said it was connected and fine, seems to have fixed the issue with the sound to the television. Still would like to know how to "restart" the doorbell if need to for some reason in the future. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_13bmsl, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums and sharing your solution! To restart the doorbell, you can do that in the Xfinity app. If your Xfinity Video Doorbell isn't hardwired and instead uses a power adapter, you can also unplug the power adapter from the wall outlet, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in. If you need to factory reset the doorbell, remove the trim plate and insert a non-metallic pointed object (such as a toothpick) into the reset pin hole. Then gently press the button and hold for 10 seconds.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Just got my Xfinity video doorbell. Having the same issues. When someone rings my doorbell, the sound goes mute on all tv's. Hello tech said, I need to contact Xfinity. Xfinity is telling me to contact Hello tech who installed the doorbell and Xfinity techs do not support Self Protection.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here