giifijfifjjfjfj's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Friday, February 26th, 2021 7:00 AM

Closed

Xcam2 Rules

So I just got two new cameras to add to my system. The latest and greatest from Comcast. I believe they are called the xcam2. Regardless, they are the camera that does not support rules. No rules. So no longer can I set my system to take pictures are record video if an alarm is triggered or a sensor is triggered. This to me is a no brainer. Wouldn't you want pictures being taken if possible if your alarm was triggered? I'm trying to stay optimistic and give Comcast the benefit of the doubt and hope they have some master plan in the near future and this is just a temporary situation for these features to be removed from the new cameras. This is a deal breaker for me. Can someone or a Comcast rep give me some kind of explanation or insight into this situation? Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

4 years ago

I completely understand wanting to have that feature.  The iCam2, and original xCam do support Rules and taking pictures during an alarm, and can still be purchased from 3rd parties - but Comcast is now almost exclusively offering the xCam2 model.  I will absolutely post here as soon as I have any news to share around xCam2 as it relates to Rules.

The xCam2 does support Motion Notifications, which include a snapshot picture of when the motion was triggered.  This can be turned on in the Xfinity App. 

I don't want this to sound like an advertisement, as I'm not a sales person.  I'm all about education and helping though and wanted to remind you and others: if you subscribe to 24/7 Continuous Video Recording, remember that you'll always have access to every second of video and will be able to download video clips should there be a break-in - regardless of camera model. Often this is critical, as the video will capture the moments before the break-in, rather than right after (when the intruders might be off-camera already). 

I understand this is an additional ~ $10 per month, but I know it has provided me a lot of additional piece of mind.  It has actually come in handy twice - I have been able to share video clips that have helped aid my township police in tracking down some vandals and petty thieves in our neighborhood.  In both cases, the alarms weren't triggered, as they were not home break-in situations.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I used the rules to set up one of my cameras to take a snapshot each day at noon of my backyard. I would save these snapshots for a year or two then turn them into a video, a Time elapsed video if you will. It was fun to then play it and watch the seasons change through the year. I know this is trivial and doesn't have a lot to do with the security aspect of things but it was important to me. After all, I pay enough money so one would think I would be able to take a simple snapshot with one of my cameras each day. It's kind of like when you removed the trivia info that used to be in the guide when you looked up an actor. Being a movie buff this was very entertaining to me as I could quickly see some tidbits of information about each actor in the movie I was watching. This was removed with no explanation that I'm aware of. Also, you took away the Great xr11 remote and replaced it with the ridiculously hard to use xr15. It seems that you continue to take away the fun and ease of use of your system each year but my bill continues to increase.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hey @techcastic, thank you for sharing your feedback and experience with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide it to us. I can totally understand where you are coming from with the snapshots as well as the trivia as I love movies as well! We are always working to improve the products and services we offer to ensure our customers can take advantage of the most up-to-date technology available on the market. With upgrades and improvements come changes, including pricing, but this is why your feedback is important as it helps to ensure we are moving things in the right direction. 

We do still have our XR-11 remotes available for use, so if you'd like, we can totally set up an order to get one shipped out to you! You also have the freedom to head into any of our Xfinity Store locations to get help from our amazing support staff to get a remote replacement, free of charge! Additionally, if you'd like us to take a look at the different offers available on your account to ensure you are getting the best price for the services you have, please don't hesitate to send us a private message using our Peer to Peer chat service. You can access this by clicking the chat icon in the top right corner of the screen and sending your message directly to "Xfinity Support". You can also explore the different promotions your account is eligible for by logging into your My Account online profile and going to https://comca.st/3wCySvB.

For any additional feedback you have, please do share it with us! Here is a really helpful link you can utilize to share any feedback you have, both good and bad, at any time: https://survey.foreseeresults.com/survey/display?sid=feedbackTV-en&cid=R9RRtJoQ98EENQoRBJ0Mhg.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here