Lkpolo's profile

Contributor

• 

489 Messages

Saturday, October 7th, 2023 2:02 PM

Closed

Weather on touchscreen

For years we’ve had the weather report as our home screen, but lately it’s incorrect. The forecast on the home screen looks like it’s from the previous day but when you scroll to future days the current day forecast is correct. I’ve rebooted my router and touchscreen almost daily to see if it would correct it, but it hasn’t so far. 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

9 months ago

Hello there @Lkpolo ! That is a unique problem! I know you mentioned you rebooted the router and touchscreen. Can you try the steps in the following also if you haven't done so already? Please let us know the results!  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/frozen-touchscreen-controller

Contributor

• 

489 Messages

It looks to be working now. I do believe that we have had a weak signal or an intermittent outage on our road. It also affected the lights that are connected to our Home system. They are set to go on and off and different times which didn’t occur. Our router needed rebooted as well as the touchscreen, but last night when we went upstairs to turn on the bedroom TVs those boxes needed rebooted. Rebooting them never works so we rebooted the X1 box in the family room and that solved the tv problem. This morning the weather on the Home Screen of the touchscreen matches my iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch weather widget. The weather comes from The Weather Channel for all devices so there’s no reason the temps should be off by more than a degree and my lights that connect to Home are turning on and off last night correctly. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I am happy to hear that it is working. Have you tried to get a technician to go out and take a look at your service?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here