GB8378's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 26th, 2024 9:57 PM

TV pixilation

My cable reception has been pixilating and cutting out.

I have checked every connection as well as the gound and all are good.

Internet is also fine.

Is it possible to have someone check the connection at the pole?

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

The concern is not "Home Security Devices And Equipment" help related. Topic moved here to the TV help section for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

GB8378 - Our team can help troubleshoot and schedule a visit if needed. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having the same problem again........

We are having pixelation problems again after going through this about ten to fifteen years ago. After numerous phone calls to support (yes, you could talk to someone in those days) and visits by technicians, the problem was finally solved by replacing all cables and connectors inside the house, basement, and out to the pole at the street. I probably received this level of service after so many complaint calls and eventually making it through to a supervisor.        

We only have pixelation on those stations that are also broadcast and can be picked up by an antenna. All cable-only channels work fine. From what I learned in the past and now, my theory is that there is a bad connection somewhere in the cable that allows the broadcast signal to be picked up by the faulty cable or connector and become mixed in with the cable signal. The weaker broadcast signal riding on top of the cable signal causes the pixelation. The fault could be anywhere inside the house out to the pole at the street.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here