TO

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 8:49 PM

iCamera 1000 can't update firmware to connect to Xfinity Home Security

I have 2 iCamera 1000 devices that I'm trying to add to my Xfinity Home Security system and they stall at "updating firmware".  I found this closed post which didn't address this specific issue

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/devices-and-equipment/pairing-icamera-1000-issues/602dafd4c5375f08cd18970d

I have tried all steps here:  rebooting gateway, rebooting touchscreen, resetting iCamera by holding button for 20 seconds, plugging into Port 4 of gateway using dongle, I even logged into the admin interface of the camera and set the time zone / NTP to ensure no issue there.  I've looked online for iControl iCamera 1000 firmware downloads but find nothing.  Current firmware on both:  V3.0.01.07

When plugged into Port4 using the dongle the touchscreen finds the camera but always stalls at updating firmware.  I've tried with both cameras and verified it's recognizing the MAC address of the correct one however it's the same result each time

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

4 months ago

Hi there! I would like to help. Since you have already tried some of the basic troubleshooting steps, I'd like to take a closer look at your equipment. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

1 Message

4 months ago

Hey Todd… I’m having the same issue… Did they give you a solution and if so, would you mind sharing? Thanks 😊 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

user_uyvm8q Hi there, let's get this resolved for you. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here