smo3956's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 11th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

pairing iCamera 1000 issues

I have 2 of these cameras on my system that work fine. I am simply trying to add two more and have wasted hours chatting with Xfinity reps that have no knowledge of how to pair these. Can someone assist me please? 

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

Howdy!

While those are legacy camereas and will not provide an HD picture, they should still be able to be paired to the system.

Do you have the Y-Cable that originally came with the cameras?  It's necessary to connect the Y-Cable to Port 4 (or Port 2 if using an XB6) of your Xfinity Gateway or Xfinity Home Router during the pairing process.  One leg of the connection then goes to the camera's Etherenet Port, and the other to the Camera's Power Adapter.

If the cameras were previously used, you need to Default them first.  To do this, hold in the reset button on the back of the camera for 10 seconds.  You may need to hold the reset button in while plugging in power for 10 seconds, and then release it.

Once the camera is defaulted and connected to your Xfinity Gateway or Router, go to your Touchscreen Settings, choose Security, enter your Passcode, and then follow the prompts for Home Devices, Cameras, and Add Camera.  The Touchscreen should find your camera and add it. 

You'll need to repeat the process then for the second camera.  Once both are added to the system, you can install them in the location you wish to use them.

I hope that helps!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the tips and advice but after spending another hour doing everything you said, the camera's will still not pair. The touchscreen seems to look for them but never connects to them. It either says not found and abort or just keeps spinning. I have done the 10 second reset several times, tried port 4 and port 2, it is an XB3 Gateway/Router. VERY, VERY frustrated and the answer I get from the chat session with Comcast is that there are no tech's that can help me due to COVID19. Really? Thanks, Dan and Sue 

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

Good sugggestion RobertWy.

I'm remembering back to when I had some finnicky legacy camera pairing issues - one other thing to try is to reboot the Gateway and then the Touchscreen in between pairing attempts, defaulting the camera each time.

The Touchscreen can be rebooted from the My Account app.  Go the the Xfinity Home section and choose Troubleshooting.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here