U

Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023 8:37 AM

Closed

Home security malfunction

A device is installed on a window in a home security system. Even though the window was closed, the system opened and triggered the alarm. It has happened more than once.
Please explain the cause and countermeasures.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @user_169e3b! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with your window sensor going off on the alarm. Is this a window you open and close frequently and may have not been closed all the way causing the sensor to not line up correctly with itself? Have you tried rebooting the system including your modem?

5 Messages

1 year ago

It is a window that is not opened frequently. Also, a malfunction occurred today and triggered the alarm. I need the cause and remedial action as soon as possible. Please give me the modem and system reboot manual.

Official Employee

• 

681 Messages

Thank you so much for those details, @user_169e3b. I would be happy to look into the account fully, and ensure the sensor concerns are resolved. Can you please send us a DM to get started?

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

1 year ago

The battery and connections are also showing as Good, I suspect it is a sensor failure as it was just installed in April 2023. Is it possible to replace it?

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

did they fix the issue?
My security system was installed about a month ago.
Same issue, window sensors going off for my reason. Also, my alarm is arming itself at 6pm everyday.
I tried to return it but they say I have to pay no matter what. it's ridiculous.

3 technicians already checked the system but it is just not working, they leave and days later it starts again.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here