U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 16, 2021 4:19 AM

Closed

Email about Home Power Adapter

I received an email saying "its time to replace your xfinity Home Touchscreen power adapter"? Supposedly the current one will be phased out. is this for real? I can't find out anything about it on the website. 

Official Employee

• 

479 Messages

9 m ago

Hi user_63be8f -

Yes, it is!  The new adapter will provide 4G cellular back-up connectivity.  It's super-simple to switch out and will help ensure your Touchscreen remains connected when the 3G Networks in your area are no longer available should you lose your broadband connection (such as during a power outage).

More details here: Touchscreen Power Adapter FAQs

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 m ago

I am using a new modem router and my xfinity touchscreen home security is offline. How to get online

Official Employee

• 

226 Messages

@user_c6e68d  Thank you so much for reaching out via our REsidential Forums and letting us know what is going on! It sounds like this issue is different than the power adapter upgrade, so we'd like to talk with you 1-1. Please use the information below to send us a private message.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 m ago

Can I just go to an Xfinity store and get the new 4 G adapter?

XfinityDevin

Official Employee

• 

731 Messages

@user_db287e

Hello! We do want to provide you with all your options to help get you this replacement and to make that as convenient as possible. You can visit https://comca.st/32kMotv to order a replacement or contact us to place the order for you. Without being sure of availability of these at your local Xfintiy store, and since delivery is the primary way of sending these to you, I would suggest first filling out the short form in the link above to ensure you get your replacement as quickly as possible. Could you try this and let us know if you have any further questions, please?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here