firemandude's profile

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Saturday, January 2nd, 2021 6:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Wifi On Demand passes are no longer available

I am a Comcast TV and Internet Subscriber. I have to Pro-Performance speed tier. 130 MBPS download. I was at the local pub last night where I have always been able to connect to their xfintiy hotspot using my login credntials.  When I tried to connect last night I got a landing page that read "Xfinity Wifi On Demand passes are no longer available" Why am I getting this page ? I am a Comcast Internet subscriber and the main user on the account. Why do I need a pass for something I already pay for ? What gives ?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

3 years ago

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused. 

Xfinity has millions of WiFi hotspots throughout our service area to make sure you’re always connected. These hotspots give you fast, convenient WiFi and are free to Xfinity Mobile customers and eligible* Xfinity Internet and Comcast Business Internet customers.

On certain devices the web browser may serve a default start page, such as google.com, from the cache on your device instead of from the web. Please try refreshing your browser page, or try going to a new website, and you should get redirected to the Xfinity WiFi sign-in page.

If the problem persists, please check your device’s DNS settings are set to obtain the DNS server address automatically (typically found where your network or WiFi connections are located).

Troubleshooting General Xfinity WiFi Connectivity

• Many things can affect WiFi connections, including:
    • How close you are to the WiFi hotspot
    • Buildings, trees, or other things getting in the way
    • The device type.
  • If xfinitywifi isn’t on the list of available networks, you’re probably not at an Xfinity WiFi Hotspot.
    • Check the hotspot location map in the Xfinity app or online at wifi.xfinity.com or in the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app for Apple and Android.
  • If xfinitywifi is on the available network list, and you still can't connect, check your device to see how many signal bars there are.
    • If you only have one or two bars, you might have to move closer to where the signal is coming from.
    • If you still can’t get online and your Xfinity ID and password are correct, it is possible that we’re having a service issue.

Troubleshooting Secure Xfinity WiFi Connectivity

• If the SSID or network name XFINITY isn’t on the list of available WiFi networks, you’re probably not at an Xfinity WiFi Hotspot that supports secure connections to Xfinity WiFi.
  • If you’re using the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app and you can’t connect to secure Xfinity WiFi, make sure you have the security profile installed.
    • For Apple users, try choosing Sign in as a different user in the app settings menu.
  • If you change the password for the account, you’ll have to sign in to the Xfinity WiFi Hotspots app again, or you’ll have to reinstall the security profile at wifi.xfinity.com to reconnect.

*Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Access to Xfinity WiFi Hotspots included with Xfinity post-pay Internet. Not available to Xfinity Prepaid customers.

If needed, you can purchase an Xfinity WiFi pass + by following the directions outlined here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue. I downloaded the app and it stated my tier no longer offer wifi hotspot. But I am a cable and internet customer. Prompted me to upgrade my internet. 🤦🏿‍♀️🤦🏿‍♀️🤦🏿‍♀️

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm also having the same problem. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem over here

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

SAME HERE! SUDDENLY MY FAMILIES SMART PHONES AND TABLETS STOPPED CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET! I TOO AM A CUSTOMER AND SHOULD  HAVE FREE WIFI! I SHOULD NOT NEED ANY PASS OR TO UPGRADE! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the exact same problem. I contacted customer service, and they didn't know what was wrong so they submitted a ticket. I am waiting for a call back.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Any word yet?   The website now says Hotspots are only available to "Post" paid accounts, and not "Pre" paid accounts.   still not very clear.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I FIGURED IT OUT! THOSE OF US WITH THIS PROBLEM NEVER WERE PROPERLY SIGNED INTO XFINITY INTERNET! WE WERE JUST USING THE FREE XFINITY WIFI WITHOUT REALIZING IT!
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT THAT I HAD TO USE THE HOME (NUMBERS) AND THEN ENTER MY PASSWORD. THEN I WAS PROPERLY SIGNED INTO XFINITY INTERNET!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So are we supposed to sign into "XFINITY" instead of "xfinitywifi" ???

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

What "NUMBERS"? Account number? I used the email address of the account and password to log in in the past. Is that not the same? I tried to use an email address and password of another account to log in and it worked.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

3 years ago

Wow I am truly amazed. This post has been up here almost a WEEK and no one from Comcast cares to address this issue. If I was late paying my bill I'm sure CS would be tracking me down.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

NO! FIND THE LOG IN YOU USED WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED USING THE INTERNET OR IF YOU NEVER DID YOU BETTER SIGN IN. THEN YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS THE XFINITY INTERNET.

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

3 years ago

@firemandude Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your hotspot connection issues. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble logging into the hotspots. I rely on the hotspots when out of the home and know how frustrating I would find it if I was not able to connect. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address? If you’re having trouble locating this information, you can also reference our world-class MyAccount app to view all of your account details by the simple touch of your fingertips! Please follow the process here to learn how to obtain that information: https://comca.st/2N15NYr;

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Dude enough with the all capped comments. What, are you an angry little pubescent girl throwing a fit? Do you know how incredibly annoying, obtuse, trashy and ghetto it comes across as? Well now you know. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that’ll do donkey, that’ll do.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

@Valerieb867, I want to make sure we follow up on this issue and do all we can to help.

Please select my username and use the send message option to reach us directly. If you can include your name and service address this will help us take the right actions to get this resolved. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here