U

Friday, September 27th, 2024 9:41 PM

Xfinity threatens to revoke my forum posting ability if I dared to DM them again over cancellation

Absolutely FANTASTIC. I posted here a few days about my inability to cancel online and I was asked to send a DM. Well, I couldn't figure out how so I found the Xfinity Support "user" and messaged him or her and got the following response:

BTW, despite getting confirmation that Xfinity received my cancellation request to cancel as of 09/19/24, I am being asked to pay for my next month's bill at a residence I no longer live in or even have access to! So now I'm going to be paying for someone else to use Comcast on my dime. Gee thanks! And thanks for the following EMAIL. I now know this is a scam of a business which will NOT let you cancel services on request because they want to keep billing you until you give up or DIE.  

Hello! Our team would be more than happy to help! Please note that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. Per those guidelines, continued violations could be subject to a revocation of your Xfinity Forum privileges. We never want to get to that point with any user, so we recommend reviewing those guidelines thoroughly. You must first create a Public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. To get started, please create your own public post without your account information. Please provide as many details about your experience, questions, or concerns as possible. Doing so will auto-open a ticket in our system, and we can assist you in the order your request is received.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

22 days ago

Hello @user_r56kle, thank you for creating a post regarding your recent disconnection order request. We do have our Guidelines in place for all users to follow and ensure we have a healthy Forum that assists as many as possible. I'd be happy to help look into this for you, and I have all the tools to get this straightened out. First, I'd like to review your account, and pending/completed disconnection orders, and review your balance. I've replied to your DM, and look forward to working with you on this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here