F

Saturday, April 13th, 2024 7:56 PM

Closed

XFinity Pods Don’t Work

For the past year I’ve been in a battle with XFinity. It’s come to the point where I just don’t know what to do. While the service is great, the equipment isn’t. 

When they installed my router, they placed it on the opposite side of the house. Which is really barely reaching the opposite end, where all the bedrooms and office is located. 

Therefore, I purchased two XFinity Pods (2nd Gen) and they work well, UNTILL there’s a service outage or they are working on repairing something. 

I have submitted so many tickets. So many phone calls. Went to 4 different stores, and they wouldn’t exchange the pods. They simply do not reconnect. They just blink white. They’ve been reset it multiple times by me and customer support.

So I purchased a new one, because they wouldn’t trade the older one. And recently we have a service upgrade, and the pod no longer connects, AGAIN. I am on my 3rd pod now. And can’t afford to continue to buy new ones. They are expensive. Specially for a problem I’m not causing. 

I simply don’t know what to do, and I’m looking into just buying my own equipment. I can’t even put a Ethernet cable back here on the bedroom side, because the router is so far away on the other opposite end. 

can someone provide me some advice. Can they come back out and place another Ethernet cable that lead to the other-side of the house? Would I need to pay for this? Can they work from the original phone lines that once existed? Any advice. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 months ago

FnelsonOnline Hello there! Thank you for using our Forums to reach out to us and let us know about your issues with the Xfinity Pods. We are happy to work together to see how we can help you get this this problem solved. To get started can you please send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

6 months ago

The same exact thing is happening to us.  We lost our internet they came and replaced the router "with a stronger one" and now our pods connect periodically.  They will connect and the all of a sudden stop connecting.  We have 3 pods and sometimes  1 will show as on line  and the other 2 will be off line  then all 3 will be on line then none of them will show as on line.   VERY annoying.  .  We called customer service and they re-set everything and it is still happening   

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_lwu499 Welcome to our Xfinity community forum! I want to make sure your Wi-Fi pods are working properly. Do you know if you're using the 1st or 2nd generation pods? How far away from the modem is the closest pod? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

6 months ago

You are not alone. Same issue. One day my pod just disconnected and I can never get it back. Bought a new one too. When attempting to activate through the app on multiple phones i get the message, "Let's Try that Again. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please Try again or go back to previous screen."

If you ever get around this let me know. I spent an 1.5 hours on chat with a customer agent and nothing was resolved.

2 Messages

For some reason nobody from Xfinity will respond to this exact issue above.  I am dealing with the exact same problem right now after moving to a new house yesterday.  You can't activate the [Edited: "Language"] pods if the app won't let you.  No, sending you a private message doesn't help.  Can anyone provide a series of clear steps to fix this issue?

(edited)

2 Messages

4 months ago

Did you ever get this issue fixed and do you have any advice?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello user_1dlujn. In order for us to properly troubleshoot this issue, we would need a privated message and access your account.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I have yet to see a direct answer to the problem. I have to restart my router/modem every morning and at least once more during the day to get my pods back online.

Xfinity’s answer is to reset the pods. But they fail to answer why the pods are disconnecting.

At over a hundred dollars a pop, I’m not about to replace all three of mine.

Feeling very frustrated.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

spysir I would be happy to look into why the pods are disconnecting so often for you, and work to getting the cause fixed for you. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here